Author Topic: WW1 Mission Request  (Read 1099 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
WW1 Mission Request
« on: September 08, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »
The new missions are fun. Could the next batch include a WW1 mission?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Re: WW1 Mission Request
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
There is one staged mission for the World War 1 Arena on the server that I posted a while back

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:56:34 PM »
I don't see it.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:03:12 PM »
I am traveling in an airport right now and can't get to the server but I will post the name later this evening however if you create a custom arena with the World War 1 terrain it should be the only one that shows up on stage mission if you deselect show missions for all terrains

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 08:36:22 PM »
I'll try that when I get home.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 09:10:46 PM »
The name is WW1 Fighter practice.  In air spawn and if you are allied the enemy planes will be behind you.  You can download it from any arena and then play offline or in a custom arena.  Just have to use WW1 terrain of course.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 09:51:16 PM »
Thanks, I got it but they don't really fight, it's more like shooting target drones. They don't fly like the new 1v1 109 v F4u and 109 v Spit8 missions in the update.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Actually I wrote both of those 1v1 and they have nothing to do with the update (see posts in staged mission forum).  In general the AI are more aggressive in a custom arena.  Are you shooting at the red planes?  They should at least try to avoid being shot.  I lost the .mis file in when I deleted beta, but I will redo it and make sure they are set for patrol or attack

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »
Actually I wrote both of those 1v1 and they have nothing to do with the update (see posts in staged mission forum).  In general the AI are more aggressive in a custom arena.  Are you shooting at the red planes?  They should at least try to avoid being shot.  I lost the .mis file in when I deleted beta, but I will redo it and make sure they are set for patrol or attack

They were included in the missions tab on a recent update. That's where I saw them. Nice job.  :aok

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »
I just tried it and I think the problem is the red AI give attack priority to the green AI.  They do fight (I just got sloppy and got shot down by one), but they will concentrate on the player plane if when you first come up you shoot down the other two green planes.  I will redo it for more of a 1v1 flavor.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
Just put up a WW1 1v1 mission.  Let me know if you want a different plane set, very easy to create a different version with different air craft match up.  I did get a lock up in the online arena, but not offline.  Or at least not yet.

Edit:  Attached the .mis file for anyone who wants to modify the mission.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:30:03 PM by mustng2 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
The 1v1 works well.  :aok

There seems to be a bug where you run the mission a couple of times and the AI forgets to fight until you exit the game and restart it. That may have been  an issue with the other missions.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
It may be a common bug, just have not noticed it before.  I have had a problem running the same mission twice in a custom arena, but that was a lock up problem.