Author Topic: Another propeller for the garage… And an F-16 canopy.  (Read 509 times)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Another propeller for the garage… And an F-16 canopy.
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:02 PM »
I decorate my garage with old airplane parts.  At a local auction last night I bought this Hartzell propeller.  This makes five props in the garage.  I am not a fan of the polished blades.  I am tempted to paint the blades black with yellow tips and have the hub in bare metal finish for more of a warbird look.

I also bought what’s left of this remote control B-24.  It has an 8 foot wingspan and there are four gas engines!  I have all of the parts, and my plan is to rebuild it just enough to display, and hang it from the garage rafters.

And then there is a canopy from an F-16.  I honestly do not have room for it, and only bought it because there were no other bidders interested in it.  I don’t intend to keep it for very long.

CHEERS! goaly
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
Re: Another propeller for the garage… And an F-16 canopy.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:09:48 PM »
Why is the F-16 canopy opaque?  Is there any way to make it clear once again?
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
How much did you pay for it? Looks like it sat in the sun for a very long time
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »
Duhh guys, that's the IFR F16 canopy........
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown