Author Topic: New Notebook  (Read 516 times)

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
New Notebook
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:45:28 AM »
Last week i got me a new Notebook for 1200 € AH 2 runs Great with 60 fps and all other Games but....... Lowest setting AH3 7 fps this is a No go.
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: New Notebook
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »
'notebooks' are not made to run modern games.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »
that said make sure you launch the game with the power cord plugged in and the power options set to high performance if you see any

and please post us a dxdiag of your computer

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
and please post us a dxdiag of your computer

This. Plus the note on notebooks.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:16:21 PM »
Not true for all notebooks, I have one right now that will beat the pants off your desktop, unless you're running a 1080 GPU.  There are many options now for 1070,1080, and even 1080 SLI in both 15 and 17", and larger, laptops.  Not as optimal as a desktop, but they DO work, especially if you can plug them in while using them, as the power doesn't last long gaming I've found.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 02:34:08 AM »
Uhm... Gman, in my thinking there's a big difference between "notebooks" and "gaming laptops".

Then again, I must admit that the terminology is somewhat messy. As an example, most "laptops" shouldn't be used on a soft fabric surface which can both prevent airflow and clog the coolers with loose fibers. So using the laptop on one's lap is not recommended. Undressing you pants won't solve the issue either since the laptop should be used on a "hard, flat surface" - hey, isn't a desktop such a surface? Which leads me to think that most "desktop" computers are placed below the tabletop.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 07:55:27 PM »
Ah, ya, nomenclature issue perhaps.  Here in Canada typically notebook/laptop/etc are used to describe one and all, without major distinction.  Go to different shops and you'll see "gaming notebook, gaming laptop".

There used to be elegant, ultrabook-ish type "notebooks" available with gaming GPUs, but no longer, at least not common.  The Razer units that are very thin with a decent gaming GPU spring to mind as a notebook that can "game", but ya, you're right, the terminology is somewhat wonky.