Author Topic: Is the rumor about HiTech true . . . ?  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Is the rumor about HiTech true . . . ?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:15 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 10:08:09 PM »
I do worry that HT will get bombarded with questions about AH3, hopefully guys will keep that on the DL and just let him fly/command instead.

No worries, we have it all handled. Our master plan is that we intend to get HT so drunk on frame day that he forgets how to use the text buffer. He won't see squat  :rofl
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 03:24:12 AM »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »
I might be there  :aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Wish we had the E and F in the game. Would be perfect for this scenario. (Btw. I think those are E's in that photo, not D's.)

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 03:58:16 PM »
No worries, we have it all handled. Our master plan is that we intend to get HT so drunk on frame day that he forgets how to use the text buffer. He won't see squat  :rofl

i can just see him going f this and changing the code so all the enemies within 1k of him will kill shoot themselves while shooting at enemies.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »
Wish we had the E and F in the game. Would be perfect for this scenario. (Btw. I think those are E's in that photo, not D's.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I'd say the F model would be best for AH. Speed closer to the G model with the lighter gun package - fills a sizable gap in the 110 set for events.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »
I might be there  :aok

Sweet!  :aok

If you will be, please go ahead and register to reserve the plane you want.  Just send e-mail to brooke at electraforge.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 09:13:54 PM »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
Sweet!  :aok

If you will be, please go ahead and register to reserve the plane you want.  Just send e-mail to brooke at electraforge.com

Cool  :aok

Btw. we could have the 110G instead of the 110C. The G had been in service for three months by February 1943 and the C had been retired for two years by then... The G represents the F far better than the C.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 02:16:08 PM »
I think most of the 110's around there were D's or maybe E's.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 02:36:16 PM »
Not by 1943. Those are at least two year old models. The F, more than a year old by then would be the most common model, but even that model was out of production by February 1943. All the ZG gruppen in the Med theater had converted to the G-1 and G-2 by summer of 1943.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
Not by 1943. Those are at least two year old models. The F, more than a year old by then would be the most common model, but even that model was out of production by February 1943. All the ZG gruppen in the Med theater had converted to the G-1 and G-2 by summer of 1943.

They sometimes used less up-to-date stuff in North Africa.  The LW was, for example, still significantly using 109E's as jabos in North Africa well past production of 109E's (into the age of 109G's, even).  The fronts, aircraft in use, and ratios of different aircraft types were in rapid and significant change from Nov. 1942 (allied landings in North Africa) through axis's exit from Tunisia in May, 1943.  This battle is specifically Feb. 1943.  At that point, ZG 26 was actually gone from Tunisia, but I put in 110's for balance, including partially as something better than Stukas.  All of the 110 pictures I see near North Africa for periods of very late 1942, Jan 1943, and Feb 1943 around North Africa are of D's, or things that look like D's, but that definitely are not G's.  That is not to say that there were no G's there, but it seems at most very few G's were operating around North Africa in Feb., 1943 compared to earlier models which dominate the pictures and mentions of model types in that specific area in that specific time.

Even if folks don't agree with the above paragraph, though, we can't dive back into any substantial design change that doesn't rise to the level of being a fatal flaw in the event, because we are about 2 weeks past the end of the 1-month design process that had much public participation.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »
No there were no G's that I'm aware of. And probably a few E's and D's still around, but not many considering the rate of attrition. Especially the E since it had a very short production run and had been superseded by the F in the summer of 1941.

These would be from the time of the scenario:

Uffz. Robert Dworak, Bf 110F-2 "3U+.R" of 7./ZG 26 in Trapani spring 1943.

Bf 110F-2 of 7./ZG 26 over Tunis spring 1943