Author Topic: AH3 Path2 Cloud Editor will not open res or create awa.  (Read 209 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
AH3 Path2 Cloud Editor will not open res or create awa.
« on: September 25, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
AH3 Patch2 cloud editor opens but will not open any terrain or awa file. I removed all awa files that were created with a previous version of the cloud editor.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: AH3 Path2 Cloud Editor will not open res or create awa.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:27:18 PM »
It will be broke for a while with .res files, open up a bmp (I.E your clip board map) file then set the terrain size for the terrain.

Then you can open the weather file or save the weather file, normally work in the chconfig/terrname folder. Then it will load automatically.

Then when you wish to include in the terrain simply copy the awa file to your terrain folder and build.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
Thank you sir, I should have followed the crumbs since you included .bmp in the file types. It open nicely.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:03:30 PM »
Much better results than when I was testing clouds earlier.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing