Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41252 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2016, 08:22:52 PM »
Is the CoFl the same in ah3 arenas as ah2?

The only flight model change was the prop model.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2016, 08:58:23 PM »
I thought the same thing with the P-38.  HTC has posted that the model has not changed.  I think what the problem is the video processing, and sounds are different.  What sounds we expected to hear and the look on the screen  at the moment you add rudder as an example are just not the same look and sound as ah2.

Yes. Initially the sounds were throwing me off some. But what I am talking about has to do with speed.
I'm used to being able to do X Y and Z at certain speeds. And now I cant using the same exact techniques I did before. That has nothing to do with sound.
the plane could be singing "Goodbye My Coney Island Baby" or "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" and the maneuver should perform the same.

For example. If in a D-9 Im used to being able to do an immelman at 210 MPH as a matter of routine Done thousands of times before and now doing said maneuver the exact same way sends me into a stall it has nothing to do with the sound
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2016, 10:07:46 PM »
... If in a D-9 Im used to being able to do an immelman at 210 MPH as a matter of routine Done thousands of times before and now doing said maneuver the exact same way sends me into a stall it has nothing to do with the sound

If you are used to the stall buffet sound stopping you from pulling into a stall and you don't notice the new stall buffet sound then sound can be the critical difference.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:40 PM »
The only flight model change was the prop model.

So was this:-

If you look at the airshow videos on my youtube link you'll see maneuvers I can't do in AH3.

Correct or an error on your part?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2016, 12:02:17 AM »
 :confused:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2016, 04:31:17 AM »
ROFL - so FLS, you would have us believe that Sean D Tucker is living amongst us in AH3.

What we are seeing is an anomaly.  It is not lag dependent and I am certain it is not physically possible.  When you provide film of a WW2 P47M flipping nose vertical up / down/ up/ down / up faster than I can type that description, I will believe your BS about some air show move.

You know it is ok to be a fan boy but there is a point at which you really have to understand it is time to extend and live to fight another day.

Respectfully yours,

A fan of the game without blinkers on

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2016, 05:17:52 AM »
The ONLY flight model change (THAT INCLUDES ENGINES)  in anything was the web bug fix. I.E. there was not supposed to be infinite # of wep cycles on all planes.

HiTech
Are you saying wep cycles are limited now?  If so, where can we look up which planes were/are effected?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 09:56:34 AM »
ROFL - so FLS, you would have us believe that Sean D Tucker is living amongst us in AH3.

What we are seeing is an anomaly.  It is not lag dependent and I am certain it is not physically possible.  When you provide film of a WW2 P47M flipping nose vertical up / down/ up/ down / up faster than I can type that description, I will believe your BS about some air show move.

You know it is ok to be a fan boy but there is a point at which you really have to understand it is time to extend and live to fight another day.

Respectfully yours,

A fan of the game without blinkers on

The only fast flipping is the camera swiveling as the aircraft passes overhead. The only anomaly I'm aware of is going backwards with flaps down and not damaging them. Many would say Rob Holland's video wasn't possible until they saw it done. Why do you think my modest maneuvers aren't possible? I don't mind you criticizing the flight model but please be specific.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:59:27 AM by FLS »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 11:02:42 AM »
Let me save you the trouble. Rule 4 right?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:16:19 PM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2016, 12:26:34 PM »
I only noticed that you shoot an awful lot when you do not have guns on target or near enough lead on the target in a hard turn. This must be troubling to you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 01:42:26 AM »
So in the remote case that anyone else here is actually interested in getting to the bottom of this:

I've been PMing someone who doesn't spend his time stealth trolling people on this forum under the deceitful guise of technical discussion. Instead he's devoted his energies to mastering ACM as it applies to Aces High and actually knows what he's talking about. He's also incorporated departure moves or post-stall manoeuvres (whatever terminology you want to use) into his ACM. He reported he hasn't noticed any FM change from AHII to AHIII. If he hasn't noticed it, I'm convinced it isn't there. Differences in the environment putting people off, is his suggestion.

I have to say I'm both surprised and disappointed how this thread has been allowed to pan out. A simple and relevant technical question about AHII / III deliberately obfuscated and avoided to save face after an erroneous unsubstantiated claim and no action taken. Has to cast doubt over the merit of both this forum and the Training Corps, in my opinion.

Go ahead and Rule number 4 that and I give you my word I'll be leaving this forum on a point of principal. Much to the relief of some Members I'm sure.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 08:29:44 AM »
nrshida , there has only been one person in this thread acting like a jerk. And that person is you.

Under normal circumstances I should rule 4 your post this time but I don't wish to grant your self imposed martyrdom. You have not  been able to take the hint when  I already modded your posts. You still continue to push.

So either take your issues to private messaging or you will very shortly not be posting on this bbs for a while. And then you can still claim your great self created martyrdom  based on a principle I have no idea what it could be.

Your best response is not to respond to this post but simply change your behavior.

HiTech
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:39:20 AM by hitech »

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:58 AM »
Youtube link under avatar.

Also check out Rob Holland on Youtube.   :D

You realize the entire length of his wing are ailerons right?  And his Rudder is HUGE!
A light weight Hi-power aircraft designed for maneuverability and "stunt" flying....  The closest thing we have in game to that would be a zero.  A corsair flipping and flying backwards uphill...Now that is funny and a huge FM flaw. 

I've seen the intentional cross control Flop at tree top level.....its amazing how a plane which quits flying doesn't fall.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:28:20 AM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Yes I have noticed the obvious differences between state of the art aerobatic aircraft and WW2 fighters.

If you'd like to discuss the flight model please be specific. 

Nobody would try that in a surviving Warbird and I doubt a pilot in WW2 would try it except by accident so we'll likely never know what is possible.

You may want to flip a Corsair or P-47 around and fly it backwards so you're not just guessing how it happens.

The aircraft are different, the physics of flight in single engine aircraft are the same.

You'll notice that aerobatic stunts that don't require an MX look the same in Aces High but not so much in other simulations.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »
I have not found any changes to the flight model in doing my usual aggressive combat manoeuvres.
Stalls, recoveries, departures, cake and lime wedge all as per usual.

What I have seen is aircraft flip out because AcesHigh isn't updating the aircraft positions fast enough. It isn't the traditional warp were the plane goes off 50 or 100 yards from the start point, it stays in its position but the 3D model goes crackers flipping the plane out all over. Anyone watching my stream over the last few days will have seen this "phenomena" at least 5 times.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho