Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41254 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
I have not found any changes to the flight model in doing my usual aggressive combat manoeuvres.
Stalls, recoveries, departures, cake and lime wedge all as per usual.

What I have seen is aircraft flip out because AcesHigh isn't updating the aircraft positions fast enough. It isn't the traditional warp were the plane goes off 50 or 100 yards from the start point, it stays in its position but the 3D model goes crackers flipping the plane out all over. Anyone watching my stream over the last few days will have seen this "phenomena" at least 5 times.

If you have any AHF of that it would help a lot.

HiTech

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »

You may want to flip a Corsair or P-47 around and fly it backwards so you're not just guessing how it happens.

How is this done?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »

How is this done?

Vertical entry snap roll with 2 notches flaps, speed around 150. Once you start to rotate adjust throttle and play with the stick and rudder to influence the post stall gyrations.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
I haven't seen any WWII aircraft at airshows do things I can't do in-game. I've seen plenty of aerobatics stunt planes, but that's a whole other matter entirely. I'm sure many WWII fighters could be flown very acrobatically, but I'm not sure anyone were crazy enough to do so back then.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2016, 02:03:47 PM »
I haven't seen any WWII aircraft at airshows do things I can't do in-game. I've seen plenty of aerobatics stunt planes, but that's a whole other matter entirely. I'm sure many WWII fighters could be flown very acrobatically, but I'm not sure anyone were crazy enough to do so back then.

Young fighter pilots flying with their friends away from the base?  They wouldn't be crazy enough to report it.  :D

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »
nrshida , there has only been one person in this thread acting like a jerk. And that person is you.

Under normal circumstances I should rule 4 your post this time but I don't wish to grant your self imposed martyrdom. You have not  been able to take the hint when  I already modded your posts. You still continue to push.

So either take your issues to private messaging or you will very shortly not be posting on this bbs for a while. And then you can still claim your great self created martyrdom  based on a principle I have no idea what it could be.

Your best response is not to respond to this post but simply change your behavior.

HiTech
Is that a threat? Is this how you respond when someone backs you into a corner with legitimate questions about your flight model?
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Is that a threat? Is this how you respond when someone backs you into a corner with legitimate questions about your flight model?

All the flight model questions were answered.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »
nrshida , there has only been one person in this thread acting like a jerk. And that person is you.

I can see how you’d perceive me as being the only jerk if you only look to the confines of this thread. Am I by the way somehow uniquely not entitled to be a jerk around here from time to time?

Regarding martyrdom some principals ought to be fought for regardless of the consequences.

If indeed you were asking, the one that's driving me to be a jerk is the conviction that the forum rules should be equally applied and not interpreted differently from person to person. If you think they are then perhaps you ought to look back over some of the posts from some of the other parties who've been bickering in this thread with an open mind. If you don't see plentiful unchecked rule 4 violations then we aren't even reading the same language.

You have not  been able to take the hint when  I already modded your posts. You still continue to push.

You also modded as many of FLS’s posts. I pushed for an answer to a technical issue not even raised by me while, by the way, the other party made this personal. To be fair, I did PM you trying to explain my motivation for pushing this issue. While I appreciate your busyness especially this week perhaps a simple, brief reply would have been more direct than ambiguous hinting by modding, which I see so frequently here it hardly registers anymore.

Your best response is not to respond to this post but simply change your behavior.

It is unreasonable to expect me not to reply to such a post and not be able to defend myself. PNG me just as you wish. I will not bend to unjust and disrespectful treatment.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:46:34 PM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

Just a minor correction darkzking, I was not trying to back HiTech into a corner but someone else. I know you mean well. Thank you  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
I can see how you’d perceive me as being the only jerk if you only look to the confines of this thread. Am I by the way somehow uniquely not entitled to be a jerk around here from time to time?

Regarding martyrdom some principals ought to be fought for regardless of the consequences.

If indeed you were asking, the one that's driving me to be a jerk is the conviction that the forum rules should be equally applied and not interpreted differently from person to person. If you think they are then perhaps you ought to look back over some of the posts from some of the other parties who've been bickering in this thread with an open mind. If you don't see plentiful unchecked rule 4 violations then we aren't even reading the same language.

You also modded as many of FLS’s posts. I pushed for an answer to a technical issue not even raised by me while, by the way, the other party made this personal. To be fair, I did PM you trying to explain my motivation for pushing this issue. While I appreciate your busyness especially this week perhaps a simple, brief reply would have been more direct than ambiguous hinting by modding, which I see so frequently here it hardly registers anymore.

It is unreasonable to expect me not to reply to such a post and not be able to defend myself. PNG me just as you wish. I will not bend to unjust and disrespectful treatment.

This post is wrong in so many ways, I can't even begin to comment on it.

HiTech

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2016, 04:09:56 PM »
no AHF sorry, but here is my view of the wiggle...

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »
no AHF sorry, but here is my view of the wiggle...

That's similar to what I see as well.  I bet I know who that one was. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »
That's similar to what I see as well.  I bet I know who that one was. :)

LOL I would bet I know who that is as well.  I see exactly the same against him.  However, I do not think he is doing anything deliberate to induce this, other than perform an aggressive move.  There is something in AH3 that renders the planes this way.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »
To take this from Hitech's sig and my old friend slappy......"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."
SlapShot

I truly thought about this quote  before commenting here , maybe i was blaming the new game for my lack of skill ..... but i still think something ''feels'' different in the way the 38 maneuvers compared to AH2. 

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
Meanwhile, back at the OP ...

I have perceived a more rapid snap roll in several aircraft in AH3 as compared to AH2.

Maybe 'snap roll' is the wrong term. It is in a turn (accelerated stall) with a significant, sudden, uncontrolled change in attitude.

I have no film. As I said, it is a perception. I have been trying to be smoother on increasing elevator inputs, which appears to be lessening the problem.  :joystick:

In the real world, the low level flopping airshow planes will eventually, inevitably crash. It is a reckless maneuver.  :old:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers