Author Topic: For Condor and Co.: Offlline gunnery training terrain.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: For Condor and Co.: Offlline gunnery training terrain.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 01:28:45 AM »
Perfect. Just what I was looking for.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »
I got it and it looks great  :aok  You sure hid a lot of tanks in the trees. I did run into a couple of issues. If I spawned and then ended the sortie I couldn't spawn again. I had to exit and then choose the terrain again before I could spawn, This occurred every time. Not the end of the world but a little inconvenient. Just wondering if others are having the same issue.

Thanks for all the work you put into this. :salute

I just tested all the spawns DX9\DX11 with no problems. Your spawn issue may be germane to your PC. The res file is available for Hitech to debug.

I hide tanks everywhere so anyone using the terrain to practice looking for tanks will get their brain rewired to looking for tanks based on the AH3 graphics system. By the way, did you try out the wirbel spawn on top of that mesa? There are three 88 and two 37mm setup off of the airfield to practice with against the drones at A1.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:23:15 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
I just tested all the spawns DX9\DX11 with no problems. Your spawn issue may be germane to your PC. The res file is available for Hitech to debug.

I hide tanks everywhere so anyone using the terrain to practice looking for tanks will get their brain rewired to looking for tanks based on the AH3 graphics system. By the way, did you try out the wirbel spawn on top of that mesa? There are three 88 and two 37mm setup off of the airfield to practice with against the drones at A1.

Thats not a pc bug buster, it is a terrain bug.
Also I strongly suggest you make the terrain error free. Note you simply can add those objects in a remote spot.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »
I was trying to avoid doing that by making it offline only. I'll plop the requested objects from the error checking app down in two other corners out of sight.

As for a terrain bug, any suggestions as to what it would be? I don't experience any problems with the terrain other than in the past if it was one introduced globally by a patch and everyone reported it in the alpha\beta forum. Your next patch always cleared it up. 

Update:

I think I know what is causing his problem from rerunning the error checker, got about 7 things I have to update unto it which will make it upload acceptable for the HOST.

Sorry to bother you Hitech, I will get busy.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:24:49 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »
Thanks Buster.  There's not one of us who hasn't needed this type of tool if only for 'knocking off the rust'.

This is a gift.

Now...what do these stick buttons do?   :joystick:

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »
not showing up in my offline terrains. I downloaded the files and copied and added to the appropriate spots. Not a expert doing this. any ideas where I went wrong?

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 10:03:51 PM »
FYI  Do to space limitations on C drive, I've downloaded AH3 onto D drive.  Downloaded the zip file into a new folder under "Aces High" on my D drive.  Copied the correct files/folders into the proper folders per instructions on the first page of this thread.  "Gunnery" showed up on the select Terrain list.  Selected it and went into Offline Practice.  Seemed to work fine.
Thanks for the useful tool.  :aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 10:19:03 PM »
Hitech,

I made the terrain pass the error check. I can upload this to the HOST if that is what you still want me to do.

But, it is not an MA, AvA, or SEA qualified terrain for multiplayer activities. It is a simple terrain for a player to use offline to shoot at everything possible in the same way they will shoot at things in the game without getting shot back. Originally I wanted to solve the problem of not having any real way to shoot the drones from a wirble inside of 1000yds with the LCG green cross enabled.

Once I solved that issue, it kind of grew in scope to solve for not having any way to learn how to range tanks by sight in manned guns to tank gunnery ranges and drive through Hogan Ally tank ranges. Then air spawns for fighters and bombers. I apologize if I went about making this available to the community in the wrong way.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 01:02:38 AM »
not showing up in my offline terrains. I downloaded the files and copied and added to the appropriate spots. Not a expert doing this. any ideas where I went wrong?

You will find it at the splash screen by clicking on Choose Terrain. If you copied the gunnery.res file to the correct folder it will be available from the terrain list as gunnery.

If Hitech still wants me to upload the new corrected terrain to the terrain HOST, then I think how you may be able to get a copy of the updated one in the future is by selecting it from the available terrains in the custom arena "terrain list" when you create one. Then it will be downloaded to the correct folder and available for offline use. The way it is now, if used as a custom arena, multiple people in theory will be able to run around together using the gunnery ranges. I could be wrong and he just wants to see it created per the instructions from the wiki for a quick terrain to keep it standardized and error free.

We need to wait and see if I didn't honk the boss off with my not following the standard way of making terrains available.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 05:53:17 AM »
my mistake was I just copied the folder and added it. I had to copy each item in the folder individually and then add it. works great now. thanks.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »
Yes up load it, then people can simply create a player arena to download it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 12:27:24 PM »
Maybe I'm making some fundamental mistake in front of my nose.

1. - It builds with no problems.
2. - Error check says it's ready for upload.
3. - In the face of the following error I've made sure every gunnery folder, file, and file extension is in lowercase letters generated by the terrain editor. And no joy, unless it does not want numerals and letters combined that the terrain editor has generated. I even changed the description in the uploader from "Gunnery Training Terrain" to "gunnery training terrain".

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
Maybe I'm making some fundamental mistake in front of my nose.

1. - It builds with no problems.
2. - Error check says it's ready for upload.
3. - In the face of the following error I've made sure every gunnery folder, file, and file extension is in lowercase letters generated by the terrain editor. And no joy, unless it does not want numerals and letters combined that the terrain editor has generated. I even changed the description in the uploader from "Gunnery Training Terrain" to "gunnery training terrain".

(Image removed from quote.)

You try taking out the spaces?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 12:47:57 PM »
The only input you have on how files are created by the terrain editor is the name when you create a new terrain. Though it does create two files with the extension in caps, DATx and HDR which I changed to lowercase.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
Now it is invalid login or password. I found a text file with the word Gunnery. When I changed it to gunnery, it went past the error to a login credential error. Wonder if it wants my login I registered with my credit card info......weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Update: It wanted my login registered with my original account creation.

Problem now is players need the copy of my "gunnery.var" file or the spawns for the gunnery ranges and specific roads in TT and the south village will not work. the file copy log shows my gunnery.dod file was uploaded so they can set down times to 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:01:03 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing