Author Topic: Petit Freeze  (Read 4491 times)

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
Re: Petit Freeze
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
Was up for around 90 minutes or so last night in the main arena.  Using the DX 11 version.  While I no longer completely alt tabbed to desk top, several times my desk top would momentarily flash on the screen, as if I were about to experience the alt tab minimization, then almost immediately resume the game in progress.  No action was required of me.  In fact, it happened so fast I couldn't have acted anyway.  Definitely an improvement if a bit disconcerting.  Love the new build!  Excellent job!!!  Although why you didn't code it so my gunnery and dive bombing improved, I'll never know.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 05:06:46 PM »
Got some small freezes, too. Losing a few frames. Somewhat reproducible: When starting and (especially) stopping a voice transmission.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 06:37:13 PM »
If I have been logged into Aces High for 30 min or more I start to see mini freezes. I experience them more when I am zoomed in mode than unzoomed. They seem random and do not occur with any frequency that I am aware of.

I am running the Dx11 version and I have Win 8.1. I can post the DxDiag if necessary. If I have been in the game for an hour or more they are more frequent.

Last night AH3 jumped into a reduced Window. That has never happened before and there was no error message to note. I tried going to desktop by using the MS button and coming back but the window remained. I exited to tower and relaunched my gv and everything was back to normal.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 08:16:41 AM »
Been running DX9 and am still getting micro freezes... 

Skuzzy, what can I do to help, what do you need?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
I'm running DX11 but am getting the micro freezes as well.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
What might be helpful is if we could get our hands on both an AH film and a Fraps (or whatever you use to capture video) capture of the stutters happening.  We need both because the film viewer may not show the problem, or it might show the problem.

Pairing it with a video capture could help with understanding the circumstances of the stutters.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »
What might be helpful is if we could get our hands on both an AH film and a Fraps (or whatever you use to capture video) capture of the stutters happening.  We need both because the film viewer may not show the problem, or it might show the problem.

Pairing it with a video capture could help with understanding the circumstances of the stutters.
I'll do that. Thanks.

Once they start, it happens pretty regularly.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »
I had this today while resupplying a factory with an M3. It's a long drive. As I got closer to the factory the freezes got to be longer, from petit size to maybe 1/3 second. I believe it was as the factories were rebuilding. I was not running a capture, but I do have AHfilm.

Next time I do the same thing I will capture it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 12:38:18 PM »
I had this today while resupplying a factory with an M3. It's a long drive. As I got closer to the factory the freezes got to be longer, from petit size to maybe 1/3 second. I believe it was as the factories were rebuilding. I was not running a capture, but I do have AHfilm.

Next time I do the same thing I will capture it.

Do both, if your system has enough overhead to it.  It would be nice for us to have a side-by-side capture/ah film.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »
Yeah, I have a second computer for just that purpose.  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »
I have windows update turned off. I found a way to do it in 10. I had stutters yesterday and it looked like connection stutters. I did a reboot of everything, including modem, and they seemed to go away. These were stutters that had no connection to frame rates, which stayed 55 to 59. When that happens I assume it to be computer/connection issues.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
MS promised yesterday that no insider builds would be sent out, so we have that going for us.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 02:32:57 PM »
I did three sorties. Two of them were smooth as silk in a congested area, and since they were smooth I have not included them here. The third had short pauses, so I will attach that film, and email you the link to the video once it is up on YouTube (as unlisted). I can go through the video and find the times for the pauses, also.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Well, it was a nice idea. YouTube is in a high volume usage time right now, so the upload will take more than 3 hours even with the audio stripped out. The AH film I attached will have pause events occurring at about 5:41, and 10:42.

You will probably be relaxing at home when I email over the link to the YT video.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
If the pauses show up in the film, that may be enough to get us pointed in the right direction.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese