Author Topic: Black screen non-crash  (Read 313 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Black screen non-crash
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:49:11 PM »
Got another black screen non-crash a couple of days ago.  Spawned a T34/85 from the V105 hanger and absent mindlessly slightly bumped a barracks.  Screen went black except for text (like the FPS reading at the top, the text buffer, and the radio box).  Alt-Tab took me out to the desktop, but going back into AH put me back into the same black screen.  Ending the sortie (.ef) brought 3D graphics back, but it put me in the tower at A1, not V105.  DX9 version.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Black screen non-crash
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:37:06 PM »
Got another black screen non-crash a couple of days ago.  Spawned a T34/85 from the V105 hanger and absent mindlessly slightly bumped a barracks.  Screen went black except for text (like the FPS reading at the top, the text buffer, and the radio box).  Alt-Tab took me out to the desktop, but going back into AH put me back into the same black screen.  Ending the sortie (.ef) brought 3D graphics back, but it put me in the tower at A1, not V105.  DX9 version.

"couple days ago" is old news, new version out Friday

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

I used to get a black screen when I was running an older graphics card with not much memory.  I think Skuzzy had me delete my video8.cfg file in settings folder.  Something about the cache gets full.  Anyways, I had to do that periodically to battle the black screen until I got a faster graphics card with more memory in it.  This was an incident that happened to me with black screens long ago.  Yours may be something different, but thought I would mention it to you.  It used to just start a new video8.cfg file when you came back in the game and I can't remember, but I may have had to reset some things once I did that.

1i
"One-Eye"

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »
"couple days ago" is old news, new version out Friday

It was after the patch so maybe it wasn't two days.