Author Topic: Mid and Early War  (Read 1948 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Mid and Early War
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
Bustr is right about the score part. A lot of people are concerned with scoring and base taking strategies. A lot of people do like to gauge their statistics and kills and so on. The custom maps aren't going to work because of the way the tabs are set up. Most people don't even see the tabs or will even click on them before they click on the Melee arena. They all need to be on the same page. A smaller arena that make sense, like Smog 8, where people actually undertsand the direction of the map, will keep people who play inside of it busy, while allowing for structured fights to take place, create furballs, and action that is easy to find. It would be really helpful to new players who don't understand the large map big game flying.

Or you can add a simple FFA with 5 airspawns at 3K, that would create action fast combat for days. It would truely allow people to learn the game better and have a lot of fun for people who don't have a lof time to play that sitting.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
It is very easy to build a terrain and make it HOST compliant. To make it MA compliant has a few more requirements documented by Easyscor you can find in the old beta forum. Feel free to make your terrain, contact Skuzzy for review, and get it into rotation. Other wise, you are really asking anyone other than yourself to please make my dreams come true, then I will come play on your hard work as your reward.

Even Fester built the terrains he wanted to see in the game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »
There isn't enough players normally wanting to go to a custom arena...only ones I ever saw up were by squads who were in practice or by furballers who were tired of fighting ack guns in the MA.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:56 AM »
There isn't enough players normally wanting to go to a custom arena...only ones I ever saw up were by squads who were in practice or by furballers who were tired of fighting ack guns in the MA.

And having someone saying on 200 "I have a Custom Arena set up, there are 6 people in it actually fighting now." every time someone gripes about it on 200, you don't believe they could figure it out?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
If I had the time to build maps, or got paid to make one on the weekends, I'd do it. But I work, I have other obligations, and just don't have the time. All I can do is provide insight and suggestions to make the game play more actionable during off hour times or on different game modes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
If I had the time to build maps, or got paid to make one on the weekends, I'd do it. But I work, I have other obligations, and just don't have the time. All I can do is provide insight and suggestions to make the game play more actionable during off hour times or on different game modes.

there are already a bunch of maps. When you start a custom arena you can pick any of the maps available. These include the scenario,  ma, or custom maps that were uploaded to HTC  servers. You can also adjust the arena with wind layers and ack setting to get the kind of play ground you want.

All you need is to get players to ay it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »
there are already a bunch of maps. When you start a custom arena you can pick any of the maps available. These include the scenario,  ma, or custom maps that were uploaded to HTC  servers. You can also adjust the arena with wind layers and ack setting to get the kind of play ground you want.

All you need is to get players to ay it.
Are you sure they've all been transitioned over to Aces High 3? Don't know if MickyDs 1v1 map has been transitioned over....it's the best Fighter map in the game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 05:12:27 PM »
Are you sure they've all been transitioned over to Aces High 3? Don't know if MickyDs 1v1 map has been transitioned over....it's the best Fighter map in the game.

Not sure, but there are 29 maps showing. I loaded up Tunasia......I think and it looked great.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »
I see 2 current issues.

The Tab selection at the top will hide the  "custom arenas" that are open. Players will just click the Melee before thinking twice about clicking on the tab.

There is not a custom arena such as FFA or deathmatch that is open at a consistent time. A lot of people don't know how to open an arena to even start one. If they do, it is not at a consistent time, so people aren't aware of when a custom match opens. If there is a never a consistent time period of playable custom arenas that people are playing in, people won't even look at the custom Tab and will just go to the MA without even checking. That's why this type of gameplay is not working.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »
I see 2 current issues.

The Tab selection at the top will hide the  "custom arenas" that are open. Players will just click the Melee before thinking twice about clicking on the tab.

There is not a custom arena such as FFA or deathmatch that is open at a consistent time. A lot of people don't know how to open an arena to even start one. If they do, it is not at a consistent time, so people aren't aware of when a custom match opens. If there is a never a consistent time period of playable custom arenas that people are playing in, people won't even look at the custom Tab and will just go to the MA without even checking. That's why this type of gameplay is not working.

Well, if you loaded one up consistently at 9PM your time and let everyone that was interested know then you would have you arena.