Author Topic: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Please dial down the puff ack and manned ack accuracy
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
It just sounds to me that the OP wants the acks nerfed so it is easier for him to loiter above an enemy base without fear of being hit.  I seriously doubt he got hit by a single puffy ack at 8,000 yards, unless someone like Kingpin was the gunner.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 09:15:11 PM »
I do a great deal of attack runs.  In ah2 the odds of a lost engine on tthe 38 were good.  In ah3, getting blown up is more prevalent but it just adds to the game. Since field deacking is still common place in ah3,  I would not mind if the ack power was increased a touch.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »
Did puffy ack shoot when there was friendly fighters in the area...maybe by mistake sometimes but No ground commander would ever authorize that unless it was against a kamikaze or bombers...

So don't bring up real life vs in game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »
I do a great deal of attack runs.  In ah2 the odds of a lost engine on tthe 38 were good.  In ah3, getting blown up is more prevalent but it just adds to the game. Since field deacking is still common place in ah3,  I would not mind if the ack power was increased a touch.
I think the auto guns should be increased but the puffy nerfed to where it doesn't shoot if a friendly fighter is in the AO
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:48 AM »
Is it possible that he is talking a about the auto puffy at a huge field. Its new you know, and deadly.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »
Is it possible that he is talking a about the auto puffy at a huge field. Its new you know, and deadly.

Nope. He's talking about people skilled in gunnery with the 88mm flak gun, and the task group 5" AA guns.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:40:55 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »
Sigh.. don't come complaining when it starts happening to you guys. Bustr seems to have the liberal mentality that since I am able to actually get kills, I should be punished by cheap easy game play that instantly ruins my 30 minute sortie. If the enemy has a CV 3-5 miles of shore, I shouldn't risk getting 3K altitude in fear that my sortie will be instantly ruined, because I know how to get kills. Or if they have a CV 3-5 miles off shore, people shouldn't be able to easily get in a manned gum and snipe my Maneuvering fighter going 350knts out of the guy. Yup. Great game play. I'm sure it won't piss anyone off.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
If it is so easy then lets see some films of you doing it. :noid
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 11:31:57 AM »
That's right, I need to test the new 5inch battery object. I'm betting I just need to set a Fletcher class destroyer in the middle of the 4 mile tank gunnery range and give ownership of the destroyer to the airfield and the gun batteries will be active and available from the hanger. The players can shoot at the drones circling the airfield offline 7-8k away all day long until they perfect their aim......  :O

Don't you just love all the tools Hitech created for us so we can build tools to make ourselves better at using the game functions he placed there for us to play with. Like dude, if he didn't want us to use them he wouldn't put them in his game..... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
Dang it worked and you can choose gun positions from the hanger at the airfield to shoot at the drones. Still, I would have to experiment with a range of drone ownership circle. But, it works....... :joystick:

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
Just because it's in game...doesn't mean it's good for the game. That's why we have a discussion board.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
If it is so easy then lets see some films of you doing it. :noid

I don't have a lot of time to play when I get the chance so I like flying in planes and being apart of the fighter combat. If people are vulching me or are too close to the CV, I'll roll from another base or roll from that base and attempt to defend till the fight is even. That's what makes the game fun and challenging for me. I just think when people can easily shoot me picking their nose in the Flak gun, and I instantly tower being at least 5-8k away from the base, I lose the feeling of accomplishment and excitement as now I have to spend another 20 minutes getting back to the fight. Being right over the base and flying level over it is one thing, but blowing up a maneuvering plane from far away with one shot is frustrating.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »
I don't have a lot of time to play when I get the chance so I like flying in planes and being apart of the fighter combat. [...] I just think when people can easily shoot me picking their nose in the Flak gun, and I instantly tower being at least 5-8k away from the base, [...]

You really should try those things before you are judging about how easy it is.
Because it is not. Shooting down a maneuvering fighter 5-8k away from a base, be it in a 88 or a 5", is a hell of an accomplishment. For most players, it's a one in a thousand shot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:16:06 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »
You really should try those things before you are judging about how easy it is.
Because it is not. Shooting down a maneuvering fighter 5-8k away from a base, be it in a 88 or a 5", is a hell of an accomplishment. For most players, it's a one in a thousand shot.
If it's a one in a thousand shot for most players....why does the AI seem to make at least a damage on me every other time I stumble into puffy? AI shouldn't mimic average players or be worse.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »
Lusche what are the stats.  How many times has he been shot down by manned guns. It would be nice if it could be broken down by gun type, but I dont think that is possible.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas