Author Topic: Thanks to trainers and Vulching in Training area  (Read 840 times)

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
Thanks to trainers and Vulching in Training area
« on: March 23, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
OK first, as a newcomer to AH, I want to say thanks to everyone I've met in the training area for all the help and h2h's. It has been the most fun since I started online flight sim combat last year.
One minor gripe about a certain few in the training arena who insist on either, sitting on the end of the runway blasting anyone who appears, or circling the field vulching anyone who ups.
WHY DO IT ????
I know vulching is a valid way to get a kill and suppress the upping opposition in the main arena and I would expect it, but the TA is for training and it's difficult to learn anything in 100yds of runway....
So my request as a learning dweeb - leave us to get off the ground and fly - then you kill us as much as you like until we get good enough to kill you  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
I'm not an official trainer but I like to help a lot of people in there...I fly a lot of H2H with people joined to me, and I like to teach some basic ACM maneouvers also.

So as I spend a lot of time in TA, I see what you say about vulchers. Mostly they are newbies than simply think that there all is allowed, and that after you tell them not to do it, they stop doing so and gets flying ok. SOme times they are newbies that dont stop...so the sad and abrupt way to stop them is to vulch them too after 3 or 4 warnings. Then they usually get ok...sadly some times they log off and I'm sorry about that but there is no other option.
And there is a last group, of experienced people that like to vulch in there. I remember 2 or 3 names right now...but to be fair I only saw them doing it one time each...so I guess it was a kind of "joke"

How to avoid it?...well you can vulch the vulcher...that can start a VERY fun low level furball over the field. Believe me that it can be fun fun   . If you are interested in H2H you can always move to another field with your partner...or even another country. The vulcher will stay where the most people is, so you'll be left alone.

So, if yah want to fite with me or join my plane on TA , tell me. I'll have no problem in giving you some advices...I learn a lot teaching, believe me!! (and i like it too!)

------------------
Ram, out

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
Sparks, it was a pleasure last night.  Normally, we don't get alot of Runway Stafers in the TA, but when it happens, best to grab a trainer, or  another flyer and go to a different airfield.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Experience is a hard teacher because she
gives the test first, the lesson afterwards"

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2000, 09:43:00 AM »
Sparks first off Welcome to AH.

I'm not a trainer either but I go into the TA to help out when ever I can.

I have seen some of the vulching that is going on so I understand how frustrating it can be.

If you see a vulcher ask him nicely to leave you alone if that doesn't work then ask if a trainer is on..if he is tell him what is going on so he can deal with the vulcher.

If no trainer is on then turn your film on (alt-r)to record who and what is going on and send it to Pyro or Hitech.

If a vulcher will not stop when I'm on I normally forget everyone else and vulch the vulcher till he leaves or stops vulching.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
Welcome to AH!

For the most part, people in the TA ask before engaging.  Some who are there for the first time don't know about this.  I think they will give up vultching when they are asked to.

If you are working on H2H with someone, just move to a new field or country away from the vultchers.

If you are just cruising for a fight, and the vultchers won't let you get off the runway, move to the nearest field, and come back with altitude to give them a "more challenging" fight.  

popeye

AH Trainer
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »
Yes, I've been in quite a bit, and I have seen it.

I don't think it is the job of the trainers to be policemen, but I have seen some harrassment going on in the TA. I have politely asked those participating to stop, which generally does it. It has gone a bit too far in other cases.

We all need to be mindful that the TA is full of new people, and that they are likely to do things that are unacceptable at times (until they are told otherwise). Harrassment should not be tolerated at any time, and I would advise sending film to HTC under those circumstances. Of course you should first move to another field, .squelch, whatever means necessary to avoid the contact. But if we allow people to harrass new people coming in, well, it rather defeats the purpose of the TA.  

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 03-23-2000).]

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2000, 03:30:00 PM »
Once again thanks all - the quality of the help and material here is fatastic - I'm staying !