Author Topic: Report <users> chat  (Read 704 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Report <users> chat
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
Not even sure which particular forum to ask this in, but I'm just wondering exactly how this function works? Does a report generate a timestamp and record the chat logs from the previous ten minutes, say, for later manual inspection by Skuzzy or someone? Does one report work or does it take reports from several players? Is it a punishable offense to lodge a false report?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Report <users> chat
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
Is it a punishable offense to lodge a false report?

Yes.  There was a squadron that did a false mass .report on me for shooting down a few of their squadron mates.  I reported it to Skuzzy and had my 7 day chat ban reversed and placed on the offending squadron instead.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:24:24 PM »
Not even sure which particular forum to ask this in, but I'm just wondering exactly how this function works? Does a report generate a timestamp and record the chat logs from the previous ten minutes, say, for later manual inspection by Skuzzy or someone? Does one report work or does it take reports from several players? Is it a punishable offense to lodge a false report?

Once you report anything offensive or odd behavior from in game, you will not be informed of what action is taken. The best way to do it is report and move on. In general I believe if more folks report the same behavior then it is looked into. That does not mean you should ask folks to report. If they complain on channel you can suggest they report.

By odd behavior I mean such as an A20 dropping 30 bombs or a plane that seems to take no damage. Those reports are best with AH film as HiTech and crew can pull game info from the video that we are not able to. You can email that in to them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Not even sure which particular forum to ask this in, but I'm just wondering exactly how this function works? Does a report generate a timestamp and record the chat logs from the previous ten minutes, say, for later manual inspection by Skuzzy or someone? Does one report work or does it take reports from several players?

.report works in two ways:
And individual report indeed generates a kind of database entry which later can be examined by HTC. But if it's really something that serious you want them to look into it you will have to inform then seperately (email) about the incident.
Second, if enough players do a .report on a player, he will be automuted - but as said by AKAK, false mass reports are just getting you punished.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Ah thanks, So Ack-Ack's incident was an autoreport corrected when he appealed the verdict?

Excellent example.  :cheers:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234