Author Topic: I got a spankin  (Read 8572 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: I got a spankin
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2016, 10:50:40 PM »
I have an idea: Do not be tolerant of someone who's only goal in the game is to make you miserable.

If you are miserable in a game, you are doing something wrong.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »
However said player is still flying AcesHigh, and still doing the same thing to multiple players of the game.

I too shoot lots of players in the game. It is part of the game. If you fly in the same area over and over you will get shot by the same folks. The irritation is something you have an issue with.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
I too shoot lots of players in the game. It is part of the game. If you fly in the same area over and over you will get shot by the same folks. The irritation is something you have an issue with.

Respectfuly I think we're talking about completely different things bud.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2016, 10:57:39 PM »
Why doesn't AH3 use a 'Anit-Cheat' program like Punkbuster? It will kick a hacker out until they download a clean version, that way no one is thrown out and eliminate/reduce questionable activity.

Not hacking. Just using another account.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »
I really fail to understand the continual projection of emotional reaction. Where does that automatic corelation originate? Is that a standard assumption with any kind of complaint, legitimate or not? I have never beaten my dog, wept myself to sleep, threw my joystick against the wall (someone once told me they did that), or had to put £5 into the swearbox over AH. Some of us are simply stating that deliberate griefing of your game play is annoying, morally indefensible and apparently against AH's TOS. Again, if you haven't experienced this then do not make assumptions about how people react or pass it off lightly. You would also find that your available game time is spoiled. Over and over again. The complaint is as simple as that really.

Yes fight. Now when someone prevents you from doing that during your paid gametime...

Eventually you'll learn the only two choices are to avoid as much as possible, which comes down to small gaps of time when a person has multiple accounts or to log off (also evidently rewarding to some).

There's no hacking bud, it's possible to do this with an untampered version of the game. Usually at least two copies actually.

Let's make an essential distinction between ACM and griefing. I have (once again) no objection to the BnZ style of energy fighting. I'm suggesting that if you want to do way more killing that getting killed, and want to grief other people then this is the approach for you. It took me about three years to learn to stall fight the way I do and about one month to learn to BnZ (admitted I already knew a lot more about simulated flight by then). BnZ has manifold tactical advantages over turn / stall fighting, especially in aircraft that are also competent energy builders (like the LA7 or admittedly 190D-9). You can more safely extract in the vert. Your SA is enhanced. Your gunnery is enhanced. You are less pressured to make decisions with fuzzy data. It is a simpler flowchart-like system. You are able to maintain orientation. Your T.E.D. is minimal. You have the option to break off your attack or escape the fight at any time (with planning). You can dictate the fight to the opponent instead of the other way around. You can prevent your opponent from leaving and should be able to kill him from relative safety once you've established an advantage or the moment a third party engages him. Now couple that with dubious motivation and additional tactical information not available to TOS-abiding players and you have a player / plane / tactic combination that can truly be a pest, and effectively stop you from fighting / having fun. All that and we haven't even talked about the psychological aspects of smack talking or propagandic YouTube videos yet.

You said it best yourself elsewhere (quote worthy actually). Something like: 'I can kill anyone in the game, but some of them I cannot out-fly'. That's what I meant by workaround.

This just sounds like you are upset because someone flies different than you do.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »
This just sounds like you are upset because someone flies different than you do.

Even though I actually STATE that's not the case? Sigh.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »
I have (once again) no objection to the BnZ style of energy fighting.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2016, 11:04:55 PM »
Even though I actually STATE that's not the case? Sigh.

Yes you actually felt you needed to state that because of .... What you were stating. It is what it is.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2016, 11:06:50 PM »
Yes you actually felt you needed to state that because of .... What you were stating. It is what it is.

It was a qualification. Are you sure you're not just trying to be clever bud? What would you have me do? NOT state things I think  :rolleyes:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2016, 11:24:10 PM »
Volron wins!

As for whining about whomever, who cares?! Don't let anyone get under your skin. Block them, switch countries, then shoot them down. If they PM you, block them again. SEMP is onto something. Kill'm, move one. With Skyr, he somehow agitated people. I flew with him and against him, don't think I ever shot him down, watched him chat lots of smack....Who cares?!

Hey, keep your "E" up, head on a swivel, lots of lead, and call check 6's,....other than that, move on.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »
By all means continue the unfounded assertions of histrionic emotional responses, groundless whining and unjustified complaining while at the same time completely failing to understand the subtle differences between normal gameplay and what's being described.  :rolleyes:

Gets quite tiresome sometimes putting energy into this place. No wonder nothing is ever decisively done to put and end to this sort of thing. It's either a violation of the TOS or it isn't. If it is then an official mechanism should be put in place to deal with it whenever it occurs. Not just when a very public incident happens.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 01:27:06 AM »
By all means continue the unfounded assertions of histrionic emotional responses, groundless whining and unjustified complaining while at the same time completely failing to understand the subtle differences between normal gameplay and what's being described.  :rolleyes:

Gets quite tiresome sometimes putting energy into this place. No wonder nothing is ever decisively done to put and end to this sort of thing. It's either a violation of the TOS or it isn't. If it is then an official mechanism should be put in place to deal with it whenever it occurs. Not just when a very public incident happens.

Trying to explain anything to someone who has made up their mind is pointless. I tried. You quit so I'll just say good bye.

The rest of us will be having fun in AHII? There were over 200 this afternoon.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 01:31:06 AM »
Trying to explain anything to someone who has made up their mind is pointless. I tried. You quit so I'll just say good bye.

That's funny. That's exactly the impression I formed about you. I didn't quit the game if that's what you're implying. I'll be back as soon as I can get some more up to date hardware.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2016, 01:45:20 AM »
I guess, nrshida, I just don't agree with you that Starfox (I'm assuming we're still talking about Starfox) is lacking in the acm department.  Perhaps you haven't had many opportunities to catch him disadvantaged, or at a fair start?  If he's always catching you preoccupied it's going to be hard to form a good opinion.

I guess the crux is part of your sentence
should be able to kill him from relative safety once you've established an advantage

I don't have a problem with someone establishing an advantage over me during a fight.  That's the whole idea, no? 

I started this film a little late, but I started with about a 2-3k alt advantage (I'd call that ideal).  He didn't run--he stuck around, worked me pretty good, established an advantage, and won.  There's other examples I don't have on film of him winning more decisively from worse situations.  The guy knows his ACM - at least better than I do (and I don't think I'm terrible). 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o0v388fz9yd5o6w/good_MA_starfox_fight.ahf

I think sometimes (and I've been guilty of it too), people assume that just because they are going to stall fight, the other guy must do so as well. Some then get upset if he doesn't match them bit by bit, and say he doesn't have any skill.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Isn't a huge part of advanced ACM (really the whole concept if you think about it), judging-->understanding-->exploiting relative energy states?

Sawzaw is a good example of this.  He's a great stick who beats me quite often -- there probably isn't another guy (currently playing for more than an hour-per-quarter) who is as good at power on/power off stalls in the K4 and when to apply them.  Anyone who knows what I'm talking about knows that this isn't easy.  He needs to be treated with respect when you fight him and you need to be aware of where your flight path is going to take you (and where that K4 is capable of swinging to) on every loop.  That said, those same stall moves kill energy.  He's going for the shot.  If you can avoid the shot (usually by using the vertical in some fashion), you can build an energy advantage over him and kill him.  At which point he will whine to high holy hell about how you are not really fighting, simply because you understood what he was going to do and countered it appropriately.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:47:24 AM by Vudak »
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »
I guess, nrshida, I just don't agree with you that Starfox (I'm assuming we're still talking about Starfox) is lacking in the acm department. 

I didn't mention a single name in this thread and actually based my comments on experiences with another. Skyyr was always civil to me and we had interesting conversations. Was partially from studying his videos I learned to BnZ. He might be Starfox or not. I've never ran across him or had dealings with him.

My comments in this thread were not so much directed at ACM but what you do with it. I object to griefing other players by using unfair advantage. I have no problem myself getting out flown regardless of tactic or plane choice. I agree that's the game.

I was simply observing from an ACM standpoint that energy fighting and especially BnZ is a more effective method. Although less fun for me personally.

Sawzaw deliberately burns energy for angles and indeed it is appropriate to exploit that gamble by countering with energy fighting. I think he just complains, swears and threatens whenever he gets shot down.

I can't watch your film if it's an AHIII film. I was left behind by old hardware. Apologies.

Starfox could be the best, most knowledgeable and skilled flyer that AH has ever seen and it's still entirely irrelevant to the discussion if a good portion of gameplay is dedicated to deliberately damaging the gameplay of others.

Once again, is this a violation of AH TOS or isn't it?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-