Author Topic: Terrain Editor Windows error.  (Read 280 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terrain Editor Windows error.
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:02:06 PM »
Patch 7

When I run the build in terrain editor it errors at custom textures. I'm using Europe Summer terrset00.res and have added no objects yet. I've just finished elevations and terrain tile painting. Or will it error unless objects are added before running build?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Terrain Editor Windows error.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »
Zip up the terrain and post it so I can debug it.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:24:35 AM »
Do you want only the res file or the whole folder structure of support files?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »
Seems your attachment restrictions limit zip file creation. Some of the individual files are 65,000kb. The project files total up to now are 500M.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:06:24 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
Mostly I want your texsrc folder.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
OK, only a bmp and HTX file in there, one texsrc folder and contents.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
Is this something that reinstalling from the full 3.0 install, then running all the subsequent patches to patch-7 will correct? Or have I exceeded a threshold on complex shapes and textures with those 2000miles of mountains and fjords?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 01:46:31 PM »
I am looking for your custom textures. So I need the terrset?? folder.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
Mostly I want your texsrc folder.

OK, per your quote I gave you this folder last week.

Under the parent folder "bowlma" there is no terrset folder. Here is the folder structure, which one do you want me to split into 7zip volumes of 10m then attach back here for you in multiple reply's due to the 4 attachment limit per reply? I apologize for misunderstanding your original.

Bowlma project is 583mb.
bowlma - has .datxx,  .hdr, .oba, .obb, .htx, .htz - 51 files, 303mb.
stdshape - has .DATxx, HDR - 1024 files, 272mb.
texsrc - .bmp, .htx - 2 files, 8mb.

Is there another manner in which you would like me to get these files to you other than 7zip 10m volumes?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »
In the stdshape folder there are 85 .DATxx groups named xxbowlma.DATxx. There is one group of 10 DAT with an HDR named, boelma.DATxx and boelma.HDR. Are they the problem during the build run?

I found from the upload to the HOST with my previous terrain that the functions processing terrains are very sensitive to correct spelling and text case.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »
Hitech,

I fixed the issue and am very sorry I bothered you with my mistake.

You cannot build the whole terrain, texture paint it, "then run" build before beginning placement of objects and spawns. There were "TOO" many iterations of the dat and hdr groups of files in relationship to all of the saves for the build to process.

I backed up all the previous iterations and kept only the most recent 10 dat and single hdr in the stdshapes folder. When I ran build, everything went quickly and was successful.

Again I apologize for any trouble over this.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 03:58:49 PM »
Hitech,

I fixed the issue and am very sorry I bothered you with my mistake.

You cannot build the whole terrain, texture paint it, "then run" build before beginning placement of objects and spawns. There were "TOO" many iterations of the dat and hdr groups of files in relationship to all of the saves for the build to process.

I backed up all the previous iterations and kept only the most recent 10 dat and single hdr in the stdshapes folder. When I ran build, everything went quickly and was successful.

Again I apologize for any trouble over this.

You can simply delete the stdshape folder at any time, open up the terrain again in the TE and all will be regenerated. Infact it is a good idea to do so before final builds. This will remove any files you removed from your terrset00 or texsrc

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »
Thank you for your patience.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing