Author Topic: Attack label when rolling light  (Read 14237 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Attack label when rolling light
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:05:22 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 09:01:32 PM »
A sticky note on your monitor is the easy fix.

In the serious points competition remembering to set your switches counts.

Running a flow with switches is a far cry from point and click with a mouse.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:17:09 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 09:14:33 PM »
A person with 5 sortie 10+ K/D 10 K/H High accuracy will have a better score then a guy who has 200 sortie 5 K/D 9 K/H....and I bet in one of the 5 sorties they killed the same person 5+ times in a consecutive order...example in the fighter score right now...Blade. (not a hack or a discredit to him but he killed the same person over and over)

Who's the better pilot, the guy who ups 5 times at fights which are "better" for their score(which only takes map awareness)....or the guy who goes and out flys their opponent?

FLS, you keep asking "what it matters to me".....look at the first 2 lines of my sig and I HOPE you will understand why I have an interest in the competitive side of dog fighting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:46:29 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 10:01:19 PM »
A person with 5 sortie 10+ K/D 10 K/H High accuracy will have a better score then a guy who has 200 sortie 5 K/D 9 K/H....and I bet in one of the 5 sorties they killed the same person 5+ times in a consecutive order...example in the fighter score right now...Blade. (not a hack or a discredit to him but he killed the same person over and over)

Who's the better pilot, the guy who ups 5 times at fights which are "better" for their score(which only takes map awareness)....or the guy who goes and out flys their opponent?

FLS, you keep asking "what it matters to me".....look at the first 2 lines of my sig and I HOPE you will understand why I have an interest in the competitive side of dog fighting.

So how would you set up scoring so it couldn't be manipulated?

V said a hit is a hit and should be counted that way. How much you want to bet we'll see guys strafing builds instead of fight just to inflate their hit percentage.

I think with the way it is set up now, with so many categories.... aka variables, it makes it harder to manipulate score. Do something to tweak one aspect, and you hurt another. Can you manipulate the score? Sure, but you have to work at it. Personally I work enough during the day, I don't plan on working when Im suppose to be playing.

Again, it is one of the ways SOME people want to play the game. Just like some like to fight, and others like to run.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »
Limit consecutive kills of the same pilot to 3 in a certain time period for kills toward score in Fighter mode...still get the perks but have it set like proxies where you see "kills not counted toward score" on the score page.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 10:16:59 PM »

You really think score tells you who's a better pilot?

Rank is part of the game, ranking uses rules that are the same for everybody.

My question is not why you care or why it concerns you, my question is what is wrong with it.

I keep asking you what the problem is because I'm not sure you know.
If you know something you can explain it. Am I right?

I believe you don't like it and want to change it but I don't think you've thought it through to the point you understand it. If you did you could explain it. You state things that are obvious but you don't explain why it's wrong.

For example you might say it's not fair to people who only fly planes that don't have an attack mode. Then there would be something to discuss.

Just saying it's wrong that people can fly attack mode and not attack anything except aircraft doesn't explain the problem with it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:17:56 AM by Skuzzy »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 10:46:28 PM »
The overall score does tell you who the better players are. There is also dueling and KOTH.

Apparently your concern is that you're better than people ranked higher than you. You see that as a problem to be fixed by limiting what they can do.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:18:38 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 12:21:23 AM »
You really think score tells you who's a better pilot?

What should the score do?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 01:21:44 AM »
What should the score do?

Score tells you who had the time, ability, and motivation to get the high score and who didn't.

The complaint that the game is flawed because it doesn't properly showcase someone's ability has appeared many times in many forms.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2016, 01:24:24 AM »
we need a russian judge to score the ACM used per kill and it's technical attributes. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 01:32:46 AM »
Yeah, yeah.

The whole fighter mode argument doesn't carry weight, anyway. The whole point of the game is to capture fields and win the war. If, you fly nothing but fighter mode, then you will not shoot buildings. So, you are either not playing the game by furballing, or you are vultching people to protect the guys in GVs or goons. Since you hold your nose at the idea of vultching (the grand prize of AH), all you are doing is furballing. Furballing is not playing the game, so why should you be rewarded at all?

Thus the ranking system.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:52 AM »
Score tells you who had the time, ability, and motivation to get the high score

Sometimes not even the motivation.

'Fighter mode' has been my primary bomber hunting mode like forever, and I had been at pretty much the same (and lately even declining) skill level at this.
In the beginning it gave me quite a good fighter score and rank, but only with a changing MA environment I suddenly found myself at #1 a few times. Without having changed a thing with my flying. You could almost say the environment adjusted to my flying, not the other way around ;)

This tour my rank is a lot lower again so far. And again not because I changed anything, but because I could not find my usual targets as often.

Limit consecutive kills of the same pilot to 3 in a certain time period for kills toward score in Fighter mode.

And what's the next step?
Each time I was #1 in fighter (13 times), the huge majority of my kills had been bombers. You could easily argue that this is 'gaming the score' just like vulching, as it's an easy way to boost hit% and kill score points (I get about three times as many of them per kill than a pure furballer). And you arguably need much less dogfighting skill for that compared to fighter vs fighter combat.
So I'd suggest not scoring bomber kills either.  And then the next loophole. And the next...  until you get the 'right' names at the top ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman