Author Topic: Two Teams  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Two Teams
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 07:29:30 AM »
Aerial fight doesn't mean nothing but furballs but you know that.

GV's provide a place for folks, who would otherwise have to fly to attack or defend, a place to hide and do the same thing. They will be the eventual downfall of every MMO flying game.

GV's are good business in the short term but unless your long term goal is  GV game, they cause a steady decline in the number of players. Of course, HT may be close enough to retirement that it doesn't matter.

Two night ago I side switched and between the Nits and Rooks I counted 16 tanks just sitting there spawn camping, not even firing a shot. Certainly not when I was up flying, and I took a plane up everywhere I saw a tank. They were all just sitting there, waiting for some poor schlub to spawn in and drive towards them. So add in at least 8 Bish doing the same, then add up the equal number of players doing nothing and your at about 50, 1/3 your players.

So whats left? Even if the other 100 are in airplanes wanting to fight, which they arent, thats about 30 a side on a huge map and were right back where were started. And Im right back where I ended which is a few sorties then signing off and doing something else.

I love the update but I dont think AH can sustain both a GV and a flight game anymore. It hasnt been able to for years. I give the Bish credit, they at least run big GV missions and dont just sit at spawn camps like the old men we are. Maybe its time I played Bish exclusively.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 07:53:16 AM »
I guess I just don't see this lack of play thing.  It does happen in the air, GVs and CV work.  Yet you can create your own action anytime you want by trying to capture a base.  Sooner or latter they up to stop you.

I use to just do the flying part of the game then squeak when no fights were available but now I move around quite a bit and I have a blast.

Watch your bases because if i can't find an air fight I will snatch your base right out from under your plane noses.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2016, 09:21:43 AM »
I guess I just don't see this lack of play thing.  It does happen in the air, GVs and CV work.  Yet you can create your own action anytime you want by trying to capture a base.  Sooner or latter they up to stop you.

I use to just do the flying part of the game then squeak when no fights were available but now I move around quite a bit and I have a blast.

Watch your bases because if i can't find an air fight I will snatch your base right out from under your plane noses.

Begging and hoping for a fight while shooting buildings isnt going to get us numbers.

Typically the response to this action i a manned gun or resupply m3.  That also wont help the population.

I wont say two teams isnt the answer,  but smaller maps may be a good spot to start.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
2) Field Locations
There should be no more than one airfield per sector. No more than 25 miles apart. No closer than 3/4 of a sector.

A GV base or port, and an airfield may occupy the same sector.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How much would making the largest number of airfields on a terrain 3/4 of a sector from each other effect game play? We already know close GV bases end up being an all night affair with multiple players trying to bomb a single player with nothing better to do then spawn to an airfield for 2 hours. Lately not many seem inclined to astro turf his GV base with lancs to put an end to his spawn marathon.

I also noticed on the new buzzsaw map that placing the strats close in with all of a country's bases, versus the old way of hiding them in the back field generates ongoing gatherings of planes and vehicles during prime time. The damage to those strats doesn't appear to have any effect on the prime time enthusiasm. Mostly it enhances the ability to find red guys to shoot at.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
You know nothing of what you speak.

HiTech
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2016, 06:15:54 PM »
I must be playing a very different game than some of you. I get on from various times between 12PM and 12AM and I never had any difficulty finding contacts. Most of the time in fact, there are so many contact its a bit overwhelming. For the past week or so I have seen many of the characters of this thread complain on the 200 that they cant find "fights" when there are relatively large multi-full-dar bar engagements going on. These game characters are involved in said fights, because I shoot them down in said fights. And vice versa. So I have no idea what the complaint is here.

:rofl  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
This is just baseless nonsense.

Are we including times in which Skuzzy trips over a power cord in a drunken stupor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »
Are we including times in which Skuzzy trips over a power cord in a drunken stupor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That never happened.  I was completely sober when I did that. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2016, 12:15:50 PM »
One of the things that immediately escapes players is that it is only natural that a defense be mounted against the stronger assault. I usually hear the complaint that the opposing teams are not fighting each other "as usual." Well, when you are outnumbered you will have to either show up to defend, attack, or you will get rolled. So once again the enemy 'truce' is a myth for the most part.

Then there is the 'ENY whine.' This complainer is a knight.

It's human nature to complain when you are unhappy, but a little fact checking might save you some anguish and perhaps help to keep customer satisfaction higher.

I see this on Steam all the time. Train Simulator, for instance, has been updated annually without any additional cost to the customer. Yet, every year the customers will mount a complaint campaign claiming that the new update is the same old game (despite all the fixes). IT'S FREE!

Here the users are complaining about their inability to find a fight, while they are fighting, and yet the idea is for fewer teams? Think about that and you will see that two teams will create a situation in where the fights really will dry up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.