Author Topic: Water is featureless  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Water is featureless
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
Until too late (i.e. very low) or if sun angle reflects you can see some detail in the reflection....

Fighting over the water has been quite unpleasant as a result.  The aqua blue water during twilight hours would be better than the light absorbing dark blue we have.....

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:12:20 PM by Skuzzy »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
Re: Water is featureless
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »
This is BTW, one of the singular most annoying, death dealing issues in the terrain. It is better to just not fight over water as its so featureless.

Even some unrealistic waves would be better than a depthless, featureless blank.

Thanks!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 06:02:09 PM »
Until too late (i.e. very low) or if sun angle reflects you can see some detail in the reflection....

Fighting over the water has been quite unpleasant as a result.  The aqua blue water during twilight hours would be better than the light absorbing dark blue we have.....

Perhaps fight over land?
The water is not as detrimental as you make it out to be.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FireBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
The water looks like a feature less void and when I look in the direction of the sun two thirds of my screen is pure white.  Going back and forth huts my eyes.  Please tone down the sun and add some definition to the water.

Thank You

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:57:27 AM »
The water looks like a feature less void and when I look in the direction of the sun two thirds of my screen is pure white.  Going back and forth huts my eyes.  Please tone down the sun and add some definition to the water.

Thank You

Step outside and look at the sun. Report back your results.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:05:56 AM »
In RL you can block the sun with your hand and kill the glare. Sun effect is a bit much...kill the bloom in graphics and it goes to reasonable.  See attached picture.

Water is silly...no feedback in depth perception until several  hundred feet.   Just make the texture that is there, visible from like 3-5K and I think it will be fine. 

Pictures attached...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:35:39 AM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline FireBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
seems some people can not read.  I will type slower for them.  If you look in the general direction where the sun is located most of my screen turns pure white.  I am not talking about pointing directly at the sun and looking into it.  Reported back.  I am just trying to give positive feedback.

Thank you

FireBall

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »

For me it depends on the time of day of the arena.  There are times when you get nothing in the way of visual feedback over water.  At those times, I just find something else to do in the game.  Like a bomber run or a GV stake-out.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »
I'd like to see nVidia WaveWorks implemented in this game.  That would be VERY cool.      :x

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 12:48:38 PM »
This water needs to get fixed ASAP, I feel it's very detrimental to new comers and people returning. It's bugging the hell out me, so I know it's bad for people who can't read E as well.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 02:21:42 PM »
Perhaps fight over land?

Coogan

uhh yes it is-when a cv group is attacking a shore base-your fighting planes off the carrier-it's hard-because the water is so dark blue-you can't tell low you are and crash.
water needs some kind of movement in/on it and a little lighter in color. :airplane:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »
uhh yes it is-when a cv group is attacking a shore base-your fighting planes off the carrier-it's hard-because the water is so dark blue-you can't tell low you are and crash.
water needs some kind of movement in/on it and a little lighter in color. :airplane:

I was only funnin'
I haven't really had a chance to fight over water, as I've just recently gotten back into the game.
I'll check it out tonight.

Coogan  :cheers:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:24 PM »
Just to note. Posting out of a lack of knowledge won't make you more knowledgeable. Actually playing the game helps a lot.

Funning in the bug forum probably isn't the wisest choice. There are plenty of other forums for that use.

Thanks!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 06:44:48 AM »
seems some people can not read.  I will type slower for them.  If you look in the general direction where the sun is located most of my screen turns pure white.  I am not talking about pointing directly at the sun and looking into it.  Reported back.  I am just trying to give positive feedback.

Thank you

FireBall

Go into Graphics, post lighting, disable bloom.  Brings it down to a reasonable level IMO.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
HiTech did say that he does intend on fixing the sea. We just have to make do for now.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho