Author Topic: CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Throttle  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Throttle
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 06:51:03 PM »
What do you plug the pie oven into?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:03 AM »
What do you plug the pie oven into?
Asking the real questions here
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »
The reason why it was recommended in the past to use a powered USB hub with CH products was that some motherboards didn't output the proper voltage to the onboard USB ports or had an inadequate power supply that couldn't supply enough power to the onboard USB ports.  As long as you have sufficient power going to the onboard USB ports you do not need a powered USB hub.

I had to use a powered USB hub with my CH gear but once I got a new power supply for my PC, I was able to ditch the powered USB hub and connect my CH gear directly to the onboard USB ports on the PC without any issues.

This ^
         I
I myself have been using ch hotas for 20+ years and have never used an USB powered hub....but I also have designed/built my own machines for nearly the same amount of time....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »
Quote from: Skuzzy
Unpowered USB hubs (why they call them that is beyond me) get the power to run from the USB bus.

If the cable to it is long or if the voltage levels drop, then the hub will lose its USB port connections, long enough that Windows will drop the device.

An externally powered USB hub will always be more reliable.

What works on one motherboard may not be adequate advice for another. The USB hub eliminates any confusion.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 08:03:35 PM »
I use a powered hub with my CH gear only because it keeps all the cables in one place

Track IR reciever
Track IR clip thing on headphones
Throttle
Joystick
Headphones
Phone charger

It can't do any harm using powered hub

I use a USB hub to power my micro Iced Tea maker.  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 01:29:50 AM »
Why do you ruin the forum Pipz?

Iced tea is a abomination it is nearly as bad as Sushi?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 06:08:23 AM »
Has anyone had any build quality issues with ch fightersticks? I have had three and the last two have caused me trouble.

I am about to return one that I received yesterday. The stick would achieve 100 % stick deflection in-game between 1/2 and 2/3 stick pull in real life (it is not a trim wheel issue). I have tried calibrating in windows, using CH manager and in-game.

My previous stick did not have a level base when it arrived- one of the four small pads on the base was several mm lower than the others making the entire stick rock when using it. I fixed that problem myself but I was a pretty annoyed considering how much i forked out for it.

These things should have been picked up in the most basic quality control checks. Have I just been unlucky with my last 2 sticks?

I recently bought a Thrustmaster Warthog.  Everything on it has such strong springs and the stick is raised quite high I swear I am getting RSI- which is why i bought a new CH stick.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »
Last I heard CH had sold their consumer line products to another company. I did my own repair on the last stick I had received by replacing the pots with higher quality parts, but even the supplier I bought from has changed sources several times. It's getting to where you just cannot find anything quality anymore. History repeats itself.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:51 AM »
Has anyone had any build quality issues with ch fightersticks?

I have a Pro Throttle that is 15 years old and works great, except the USB connection needs to be reset if the computer is allowed to power down.

I bought a second Pro Throttle about a year ago and the throttle setting is "glitchy" and the base pads were uneven.  (Returned it for warranty repair and they said nothing was wrong.) 

So, yes I think CH quality has declined.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:19 PM »
Has anyone had any build quality issues with ch fightersticks? I have had three and the last two have caused me trouble.

CH is no longer a family owned business, the Hayes family sold it to some French industrial company and ever since then the quality of CH Products has noticeably declined.  So much so that after 20+ years of using CH gear that when I had to finally replace my 15 year old CH Pedals, I went with another company's product (VKB T-Rudders Mk IV) that are actually much superior to the CH Pedals.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 07:57:54 AM »
Thanks popeye, ack-ack. This has helped make my decision to no longer purchase any CH gear in the future.

I just wanted to check that i wasn't just unlucky with my last 2 sticks.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."