Author Topic: Now that the scenario is over  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Re: Now that the scenario is over
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »
I went back had a look at a few things.  FOV was ok.  Head position is different.  My spit 5 convergence was slightly out with one bank of 303s short.  I will often open fire with the MGs and then mix in the cannon a fraction later as I walk in to the aim point.  I was probably firing the cannon high.  The tracer change may well be giving a mis-cue. 

I will have to get back in the MA and look at it a bit further.

There was another big factor that I may not be able to account for - over tiredness from a lack of sleep + a full on bronchitis attack going down at the same time.  I wasn't actually well enough to have been out of bed during the day let alone all night.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 03:12:53 AM »

I was in my own group for this one, not flying with the JG11 guys in 109's. but as I am reading this, in my mind I can hear Stampf "OK boys line it up... LINE ABREAST  KILL EM ALL    NO LOSES   Get em from the TOP DOWN  That's IT  That's IT!"

[/quote]

We thought we would have a lot more trouble with the P-38's than we did. I was torched 3 or 4 times by a P-38 with lazer kills seemingly at 1000-800k by my sighting.

Anyway the crux of our dominance during the dogfights was Stampf by way of his inspiration and instruction before each fight..  A big salute  to Stampf, who, looking good in his cheerleader outfit, with those 20mm pom poms  :rock, set us up prior to each engagement.  His comments and instructions before every contact went something like, "OK, here we go boys.  Stay together, stay close. Remember top down.  Start high and push them down.  Help each other out and control the fight,"

A constant reminder of our mission vow - which was to decimate Allied fighters every time, everywhere - as we thought we would lose on points to the B26's and A20's.  We simply wanted the Allies to know that fighter to fighter they lost regardless of the final score.

The results, aside from the fighter scores, were due to either or both, bad planning by Allied command and/or bad execution.  Evidenced by our continuous puzzlement over why the Allies kept bombing A1 (not a designated target) repeatedly.

The Allies battle plan just seemed to come apart.  I know that had a number of command issues, etc.  But their fighter pilots fought well, but just flew into the wrong places at the wrong time.   :salute
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 03:47:22 AM »
why the Allies kept bombing A1

A1 is the home stadium of the Tunis Tech "Desert Rats".

Our boys are the Youkes les Bains University "Lightning Lancers".

It's a rivalry that surpasses mere aerial combat.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2016, 08:04:24 AM »
I was in my own group for this one, not flying with the JG11 guys in 109's. but as I am reading this, in my mind I can hear Stampf "OK boys line it up... LINE ABREAST  KILL EM ALL    NO LOSES   Get em from the TOP DOWN  That's IT  That's IT!"

We thought we would have a lot more trouble with the P-38's than we did. I was torched 3 or 4 times by a P-38 with lazer kills seemingly at 1000-800k by my sighting.

Anyway the crux of our dominance during the dogfights was Stampf by way of his inspiration and instruction before each fight..  A big salute  to Stampf, who, looking good in his cheerleader outfit, with those 20mm pom poms  :rock, set us up prior to each engagement.  His comments and instructions before every contact went something like, "OK, here we go boys.  Stay together, stay close. Remember top down.  Start high and push them down.  Help each other out and control the fight,"

A constant reminder of our mission vow - which was to decimate Allied fighters every time, everywhere - as we thought we would lose on points to the B26's and A20's.  We simply wanted the Allies to know that fighter to fighter they lost regardless of the final score.

The results, aside from the fighter scores, were due to either or both, bad planning by Allied command and/or bad execution.  Evidenced by our continuous puzzlement over why the Allies kept bombing A1 (not a designated target) repeatedly.

The Allies battle plan just seemed to come apart.  I know that had a number of command issues, etc.  But their fighter pilots fought well, but just flew into the wrong places at the wrong time.   :salute

<S> Sloehand.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »

This is why JG11 is what it is.  Stampf's inspiration is the way he leads.  He is able to take an average group of pilots and elevate them to a level that is rarely seen.  It is because of him that we of JG11 are members for life.  When you combine his leadership with Vilkas's singing to us in German as we roll out of the hanger on FSO night we truly believe we are immortal.

<S> My friend Stampf.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »
Stampf is the Stampfiest, and it is great to have him flying in this one!  :aok

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
This is why JG11 is what it is.  Stampf's inspiration is the way he leads.  He is able to take an average group of pilots and elevate them to a level that is rarely seen.  It is because of him that we of JG11 are members for life.  When you combine his leadership with Vilkas's singing to us in German as we roll out of the hanger on FSO night we truly believe we are immortal.

<S> My friend Stampf.

That's really nice Rick.  <S>

Stampf is the Stampfiest, and it is great to have him flying in this one!  :aok

Thanks Brooke ( I think )  :aok

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »
Call it what you want, it don't matter to me. If you want to act like a child and sling insults, that's your business.

This BB is for the exchange of ideas and I am using it as such.

My intent is to give some feedback to the design team. Look at the scores. Now while they don't tell the entire story they do cry "IMBALANCE"
It was just too one sided.

I have participated in many of these events but I cant remember one that was such a blow out. Most are very close events and that is a result of good design.

Bottom line is I could care less about scores and who won or lost. I do care about the future of these events. Put out bad events and pretty soon no one will show up.

Everyone has an opinion. You stated yours and he stated his.

The very first scenario of AH III, I expected a great time and I had a great time. The silly crap afterwards just stinks though. Good luck filling any future scenarios with the broken attitudes shown after this one.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)