Author Topic: More info about design of Hell over the Hinterland scenario design  (Read 644 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I like the variety of plane choices in Hell over the Hinterland, but where can I find more information about the design?

IIRC correctly, this air battle occurred in support of ground forces - direct ground support, interdiction of supplies,  etc. 
So how would this play out in the design of the scenario?  WE don't really have trains or truck convoys yet, what targets will the fighter bombers be hitting? 

Why no level bombers like the B-26?

Also, why no P-51B or P-38J?  Surely there would be plenty of these models left in inventory in Dec '44.

Just trying to get a better idea of the scope of activity of this scenario design before I vote.

Thanks!

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: More info about design of Hell over the Hinterland scenario design
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »
Oboe,

Really great questions. As the design is not complete at this time, there are certainly all sorts of possibilities that can be applied to the final design. If you recall, as a community, the doors were opened for player inputs into the final design of the previous scenario event. But we have to keep perspective on what's possible.

Will we keep the number low again... (75 0n 75) or will we expand for this event... (90-100 on 90-100)?

If this is answered with an affirmative, then adding more types is possible. (P-51B and D, P-38J and L) We generally plan for what we believe is the current environment. But if the player base was given the option to have these additional types in the final design base on their ability to recruit more participants.

What would you choose? (75 on 75)  or (90-100 on 90-100)?

(75 on 75) This is the minimalist design. Just the basics.

(100 on 100) This is the complete design. It's "Prego"...

AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: More info about design of Hell over the Hinterland scenario design
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 09:34:10 PM »
Hoping for high numbers no matter what setting is chosen.

I used to have the book "To Win the Winter Sky" with a painting of P-47D "Big bellybutton Bird" on the cover.  I wish I still had that text - would be a great reference and aid as far as order of battle, etc.