Author Topic: F-35 HUD  (Read 859 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: F-35 HUD
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »
use what the smart people tell you to use.

:rofl Oh if I had a nickel for every time someone thought that was a good idea...
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »

It's really not.  The USMC did like the F2A-1, as it was a rather nimble aircraft that could turn as Boyington put it "in a phone booth" but considered the F2A-2 and F2A-3s as "flying coffins".  So as you see, your example isn't a perfect parallel at all, nor a good one to have used initially.
Ack-Ack is right and I don't even know anything about the f2a but I know Ack-Ack is smarter than Vraciu!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 09:31:34 PM »
I read an article a month ago about the media no longer reporting much on the F-35 because it has become "boringly successful."
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 11:40:50 PM »
I read an article a month ago about the media no longer reporting much on the F-35 because it has become "boringly successful."

If a supersonic A-7 with less payload is considered "successful" you'd be right. 

There's nothing new to report.   It's sucks.  It can't do the job.   Until Trump cancels it there's nothing to write about. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 04:20:28 AM »
I haven't flown an F-35, though I have tooled around at their training simulator in the factory up at Dallas. I can't comment on the combat application of the F-35, but I can tell you one thing for sure: It's simple. From starting it up, to navigation procedures, to landing on a moving carrier deck, it's designed to be simple. There are two sides to this. The government side of reduced training and fatigue on pilots from the basics (I have literally seen students with no flying experience ever step into the sim and successfully fly an approach down to landing on a pitching carrier deck) which is great. Then there's the pilot's side, where many F-35 students complain that the aircraft is boring because it does everything for you. While that certainly sounds like a bad thing from the twenty-something adrenaline junky perspective, that's actually a great comment on the aircraft taking the workload off of flying to allow more brain power to be used on fighting.

Marines are currently able to select F-35 directly out of advanced training, and our commodore's comment (Because he was asked a LOT at check in how to get an F-35 spot) was that he wants to send the dumbest students to the F-35. The lowest scores, the kids who own the struggle bus are the best candidates for the new F-35, because the aircraft itself does so much to lighten the load on the pilot that the kids who can't really manage to do it in a simple jet like the Goshawk might be able to find that little something extra when the jet flies itself.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 06:41:56 AM »
This is a preemptive lock.  Every thread about the F-35 has ended with it being locked, and multiple people suspended from the board.  Apparently, it is not a topic which can be discussed in a reasonable manner.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com