Author Topic: Please fix the 38  (Read 4485 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please fix the 38
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »
Read this post from aircraft and vehicles concerning the P38 rpms in the game. Hitech has responded in that post a number of times. You may be experiencing what is talked about in the post.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,382016.0.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
TB - Bustr's link is the biggest change a lot of us are dealing with.  It affects some of us differently than others, probably due to playing styles.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
Read this post from aircraft and vehicles concerning the P38 rpms in the game. Hitech has responded in that post a number of times. You may be experiencing what is talked about in the post.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,382016.0.html

You don't stall from prop pitch lag you stall from AOA. The only stall related change is the stall buffet sound.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »
You could always offer to work with the OP in the TA and attempt to determine what is really happening to him.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 06:31:19 PM »
I'm not familiar enough with the 38 to speak directly about it, but I can say that the change in audio ques really messed me up at first. Once I removed the sound from the equation I found that the plane (F4U-1) flew the same as AH2. I don't use scaling on any axis so I can't speak directly to that but I have heard of some differences between AH2 and AH3 when they were transferred over.

I would gladly meet up with TB (or anyone else for that matter) in the TA to see if we can figure it out. Like I said, I'm no 38 expert but I might be able to see something that will help him figure out what the issue is.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »
You could always offer to work with the OP in the TA and attempt to determine what is really happening to him.

He says he's pulling to the stall. Pulling less should work.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »
I agree with TB and have since beta. The P-38 just has not been right when compared to AH2.  If it is as if the weight of the plane as modeled is higher than in ah2.

Ack-Ack has a lot of hours and expertise making it hard to disagree with him.   Maybe it is the way we use the 38 that gives us a different perspective than Ack-Ack.

The other planes I use I have not seen any difference between ah2 and 3 just the 38

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 10:09:31 PM »
I agree with TB and have since beta. The P-38 just has not been right when compared to AH2.  If it is as if the weight of the plane as modeled is higher than in ah2.

Wouldn't that change the climb rate?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 11:21:38 PM »
this is why i told people to fly in ah3 when it was in beta, the sounds are different, the view is different.  if only they had listened.  i had the same concerned with the p51, the more I flew it the more I got used to it the more I realized it was just like ah2.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 02:24:05 AM »
I think TB traced it down to his stick scale not being properly imported from AH2.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 04:55:11 AM »
I had a problem with controls being way more sensitive in AHIII compared to AH/AHII. Against HTC's advice, I had simply copy-pasted the settings folder from AHII to AHIII and somehow that caused the problem. In the game's setup menu the stick scaling looked exactly the same in AHIII as it did in AHII and yet the controls behaved in game as if no scaling had been applied.

When AHIII went live I did a complete reinstall and used the game's import function to import the AHII settings to AHIII and the stick scaling started working as it should again.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »
Wouldn't that change the climb rate?

I was using the extra weight as a way of describing the difference not as an actual fact.

I think TB traced it down to his stick scale not being properly imported from AH2.
Ack-Ack, I found an old post that showed your scaling cure started at mid scale and then going up.  Is that about the scaling you are using in ah3?
I have deleted my joystick file several times since beta including just recent patches.  Still, I will go through and change my scaling. iIt is worth a try for sure.

Another measure of the difference is how many times I have hit the ground while attacking GVs in ah3 many more times than the whole time playing in ah2.  The 38 at times acts like the elevator is slow to respond.

It still could be the graphics in ah3 as I have posted before gives the 38 player a different visual sensation of the planes near stall or stall conditions.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
I had a problem with controls being way more sensitive in AHIII compared to AH/AHII. Against HTC's advice, I had simply copy-pasted the settings folder from AHII to AHIII and somehow that caused the problem. In the game's setup menu the stick scaling looked exactly the same in AHIII as it did in AHII and yet the controls behaved in game as if no scaling had been applied.

When AHIII went live I did a complete reinstall and used the game's import function to import the AHII settings to AHIII and the stick scaling started working as it should again.

This was exactly my problem. when i installed AHIII it asked to import AHII settings. i clicked yes.
So last night i fired up AHII and looked at stick scaling also at AHIII both were identical. As it should be if its copied over from previous version. I then hit the default button, and blamo i had instant control. I tweaked it just a tad to optimize. And then tested in MA and found that one i could fly again 2 i could fly well. So if stick settings are imported via: Program Install Question, it somehow takes inputs to extreme even though at a glance they appear the same. FYI i only adjusted dead band to try and soften nose bounce while shooting. below are pics of AHII settings that were copied over with the install agent. Hope this helps others, I've heard several guys/gals with same issue I had.

TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 09:00:50 AM »
Forgot to thank Bustr for giving me the first clue, much appreciated. I was seriously :bhead trying to figure it out. and was contemplating leaving game as this bug made it seem FM was changed. 
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »
Glad you got it sorted TB.  I'll have to look at my scaling again too - interesting to me that you scale the pitch axis but not the roll axis.  Think I have them both scaled equally, and the '38G feels a little like a pig in the roll.