Author Topic: Found the petit freeze problem on my system  (Read 395 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Found the petit freeze problem on my system
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »
It turns out that in my case removing the Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D and Nvidia 3D Vision drivers from Programs and Features completely eliminated the small pauses/freezes. If I reinstall the driver without unchecking those items the pauses reappear, and then they are gone after removing the driver for them.

I just got lazy after the beta period and let them install and then forgot about it. When I updated to the latest and greatest driver the GeForce Experience spyware came in and that got me looking.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Found the petit freeze problem on my system
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »
What kind of freezes/pauses were you experiencing?  Short stutters?  Long pauses?  Longer freezes?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:18:37 AM »
Just the short half-second type. They have been with me since beta ended.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:27 PM »
It turns out that in my case removing the Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D and Nvidia 3D Vision drivers from Programs and Features completely eliminated the small pauses/freezes. If I reinstall the driver without unchecking those items the pauses reappear, and then they are gone after removing the driver for them.

DX9 or DX11?

I removed the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers (didn't see the Stereoscopic 3D) but it didn't eliminate the freezes with DX11.  Switched to DX9 and no freezes (but slightly reduced frame rate).

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »
Removed the drivers, disabled what  you hear, still have freezes (yes they started back).

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution