Author Topic: Waffle: Tank Town Object Ownership  (Read 502 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Waffle: Tank Town Object Ownership
« on: October 01, 2016, 07:34:33 PM »
Waffle,

When you put the TT object down onto NDisles, what kind of object name, object type and ownership did you assign to it? I had to place it down in the center sea level caldera of my map to get all of the collapsed lava rings around it equidistant.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Waffle: Tank Town Object Ownership
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:10:06 PM »
Ultimately the TT object wants to be on either side of the center cross-lines of the entire terrain.

I ended up doing what is in the screen shots while shrinking the bottom of the caldera to 2 miles in diameter. There will be a single small GV base for each country that is un-capturable placed equidistant up at the top of the bowl against the wall. And one spawn from the nearest base into three of the villages in the 2mile bowl. If the spawn code works how I remember, it should keep tanks out of buildings and trees. I will still have to test that. Otherwise open fields next to the villages. Ouch with that 250ft rim above the fields. A lot like the AH2 craterma tank arena.... :O   

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.