Author Topic: The gumbo of stutters, pauses, freeze and other ingredients  (Read 33616 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Re: The gumbo of stutters, pauses, freeze and other ingredients
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2017, 07:06:45 AM »
dont know if its been mentioned in this thread but it appears all of my DX11 pauses are when the weather or lighting changes drastically. 
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Mine appear to be completely random. Stutter here. Stutter there. No stutter for a while, then a couple in 30 secs. Some nights hardly at all. A really odd problem so quite obvious why it's been so hard to pin down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »
Here is an AHIII film of my box while flying.

You will note several instances of the film stuttering (even though I saw no such stuttering going on while flying) while I was flying.

The 1 instance that I would guide you to occurred at the 9:12 mark as that stutter is a screen pause\freeze that was captured in which you can clearly see the film skip ahead momentarily going out of synch then returning & I could clearly see the graphics motion stop completely for approx .5 secs then resume while I was flying.

Sending this to y'all for diagnosis to see if you can find anything from it.

:salute

PS--I have also provided a dxdiag of my box using the Crimson 17.8.1 drivers. You will find the AMD HDMI sound drivers are loaded along w\ the Creative SB X7 sound drivers...the AMD HDMI drivers are disabled in Win 10 so they aren't active. This is due to Win 10 continuing to reinstall the Windows version of these drivers on it's own after I delete them so I took a page out of Chalenge's book & disabled them instead to stop Windows from reinstalling them.

FYI........

:salute
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:24:24 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »
Inside Steam does aces high default to dx11? Cause I get a huge pause every few mins. Rather annoying. If there's anythint I can do to help I will.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »
We had to default the Steam version to DX11.  No choice there due to the VR support.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »
yep.  First thing I noticed was it was DX11 and lag pauses galore.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2017, 01:38:10 AM »
so - did the latest version fixed the stutter for you? I had none at first but they eventually came, maybe not as pronounced.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2017, 06:17:51 AM »
The latest version of the game would not have fixed it.  This has been the issue all along.  The inconsistency of the problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2017, 06:59:12 AM »
I have read that the problem could be caused by GPU throttling. EVGA distributes a software that locks the gpu freq to the max, I'll try that out.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2017, 07:18:30 AM »
I have read that the problem could be caused by GPU throttling. EVGA distributes a software that locks the gpu freq to the max, I'll try that out.
I overclock mine with Afterburner. The clock freqs I select in a profile stay constant when gaming in 3d. I still get stutters. That was before and after upgrading from a R6950 2gb to a 1060 6gb. So even both genres of video card, AMD and Nvidia.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2017, 09:18:51 AM »
I do not think it is the video card throttling.  It really wreaks of some type of resource issue outside of the game.  The fact it does not happen reliably and the frequency is variable based on the hardware is just maddening.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
I overclock mine with Afterburner. The clock freqs I select in a profile stay constant when gaming in 3d. I still get stutters. That was before and after upgrading from a R6950 2gb to a 1060 6gb. So even both genres of video card, AMD and Nvidia.

I have a 1060 6 gb what have you OC yours to?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2017, 12:33:15 PM »
I do not think it is the video card throttling.  It really wreaks of some type of resource issue outside of the game.  The fact it does not happen reliably and the frequency is variable based on the hardware is just maddening.

I focused on videocard because my freezes are often accompanied (?) with a partial texture reload, but likewise the sound completely frozen during it...IRQ issues? :D

I hear that you don't have any issues on your office's computers, is there anything special that you do when you deploy them?

I'll keep brainstorming...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
I am a fanatic about running clean systems.  We do not have much of anything installed which is not needed to do the job.

HiTech has an issue, once in a while, when Windows 10 decides to do an update.  It wreaks havoc with his development system when it happens and usually costs us a good half day to fix.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2017, 02:36:17 PM »
I have a 1060 6 gb what have you OC yours to?

Mine is an MSI GamingX card with a really good cooler on it, which is why I bought it. I'm at 2100 core, 4374 Memory, 108 power limit. I never break 65c in the Unigine stress tests.

If you're not experienced in overclocking read up on it before you just plug settings into afterburner. Baby steps and a lot of patience are key. My card and my rig and my cooling are gonna be different from yours. Your overclockability will likely vary from mine. Don't fry your card! Just a brief PSA about overclocking. :D

That and let's not hijack this thread.  :aok
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"