Author Topic: Log in failed after patch  (Read 825 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Log in failed after patch
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »
This is definitely a Directx 11 issue.  Also, as I suspected my account was locked.  It was only after I used the DiretX 9 version was I able to get past the executable shut downs, and access that screen.

I hope this is helpful.  Will re-sub Friday, if the mailman doesn't get lost  :uhoh  I will report in this thread afterwards if Directx11 works again at that time.  :salute

Chilli is dx9 working for you? If so, it is a different issue then beau.

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »
Same here. Updated patch today and can't get past login screen 9 or 11. AntiV turned off even.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
I started a different thread on this but I am in the same boat.

DX9 or 11 no difference.

Integrated or Nvidia GPU no difference.

All USB peripherals unplugged, firewall off, AV off. No difference.

Deleted firewall rule and recreated. No difference.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »
Beau solved his by renaming ah iii folder then new I stall

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 06:18:22 AM »
Beau solved his by renaming ah iii folder then new I stall

I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice already to totally different names.

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »
Good for Beau, but not working for me. :bhead
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 01:16:24 PM »
Good for Beau, but not working for me. :bhead

Balls did this start after, or shortly after, a video card driver update? Also are you running a maleware program like spybot? This really sounds like a program like it not allowing AH to start cause its not on a permission list. I have also found maleware programs do weird things even when you dont load them. I had a problem with an Nvidea driver that had "spybot" in the explanation and I solved it simply by right clicking spybot and checking "run as administrator". That seems to work a lot of you have more then one profile on windows.

Like skuzzy says. I had turned off Spybot but it was still causing problems.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.  Just tried DirectX9 today and same happens (exe stops upon attempt to log in to account admin).  Will try as you suggested in a minute and report back for clarity on steps taken.

Next step will be to re-sub and unlock account.

:salute

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »
Balls did this start after, or shortly after, a video card driver update? Also are you running a maleware program like spybot? This really sounds like a program like it not allowing AH to start cause its not on a permission list. I have also found maleware programs do weird things even when you dont load them. I had a problem with an Nvidea driver that had "spybot" in the explanation and I solved it simply by right clicking spybot and checking "run as administrator". That seems to work a lot of you have more then one profile on windows.

Like skuzzy says. I had turned off Spybot but it was still causing problems.

This started after I installed the new patch (9) last night. nothing has changed in over a year except the recent AHIII patch. I've deleted the game, cleaned the registry, deleted and renamed folders... you name it. I click on the Login screen and the game stops responding.  :rolleyes:
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
Chilli is dx9 working for you? If so, it is a different issue then beau.

No, Dx9 is not fully operating either.  It only allowed me to get past the immediate exe stall.  So far my experiences are the same as others reported.  I am just pursuing different menu options (ie  Account Administration).

*Found extreme lag taking few minutes to get a "complete" login screen (menu section), then upon another attempt, found the menu missing or not visible, however a mouse over the middle top portion of the screen gave me a menu pop up "Mangage Accounts"

On another note, I was able to re-sub (only after installing a clean game start).  Still testing patch 9 from original game installation as stated above.*
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:43:38 PM by Chilli »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
Found the work aroundRename Video8.Cfg file from settings file.  Before doing so, save a copy of the file and zip it to send as attachment.  This may help if found to be the root cause.  (sorry I thought of this too late to do it myself- as I deleted it instead of renaming).

Runs fine after that.

Had others including myself that ran into "black gamma" bug when adjusting graphics detail.  The screen was almost entirely black.  At first, an adjustment to the gamma slider would fix it, but it did not stick.  In some cases, was not able to locate the slider.  In any case, I believe that renaming the above file reset the game to playable status.

Hope this is helpful.

Also found the bug that hid the menu, I believe it was related to the false hat switch view that used to point the head to the ceiling as default.  I stumbled onto it by moving my hat switch to look up and then menu popped up in its proper position.   :headscratch:

Maybe something to do with coad intended for VR headsets.....  (Probably not .... just hoping that I can help narrow the search)  I would love to say that it had to do with the change in setting resupply time to lower 10 minutes  :lipsrsealed:  Just saying ...... it ran okay before  ;)

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 08:55:17 PM »
Found the work aroundRename Video8.Cfg file from settings file.  Before doing so, save a copy of the file and zip it to send as attachment.  This may help if found to be the root cause.  (sorry I thought of this too late to do it myself- as I deleted it instead of renaming).

Runs fine after that.

Had others including myself that ran into "black gamma" bug when adjusting graphics detail.  The screen was almost entirely black.  At first, an adjustment to the gamma slider would fix it, but it did not stick.  In some cases, was not able to locate the slider.  In any case, I believe that renaming the above file reset the game to playable status.

Hope this is helpful.

Also found the bug that hid the menu, I believe it was related to the false hat switch view that used to point the head to the ceiling as default.  I stumbled onto it by moving my hat switch to look up and then menu popped up in its proper position.   :headscratch:

Maybe something to do with coad intended for VR headsets.....  (Probably not .... just hoping that I can help narrow the search)  I would love to say that it had to do with the change in setting resupply time to lower 10 minutes  :lipsrsealed:  Just saying ...... it ran okay before  ;)
Thanks... but still FUBAR here
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
There have been 2 types of CTD reported on startup.
1. Type occurs when clicking online.

2. The Other happens when clicking OK from the login screen.

Type 1 was fixed with a reinstall.

Type 2 is a bug that is fixed for the next patch, and I do not know of a work around until todays patch.

HiTech

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
You da man Dale!
Aces & 8s Since 2006