Author Topic: What are your Nvidia settings?  (Read 838 times)

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
What are your Nvidia settings?
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:03:48 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out why my graphics don't look as crisp as some of the youtube videos I see from AH3 gameplay. I do not have a slouch for a computer, I get frame rates as high as 280 FPS and average in the 90-120 FPS range with everything maxed out. I also use G-Sync and have a curved, high end gamming monitor that supports a refresh rate of 144Hz. I have all current drivers and using DX12.

All of my edges, trees etc.. just are not as crisp and to colors are not as rich.  My shadows shimmer really bad. There is a shimmer that I do not see in many of the videos posted to Youtube. I've played around with my monitor enough that I know it's not that. The very slight shimmer is always there. If anyone has an Nvidia profile that could share that would be hugely helpful. The game plays great, but I think I could improve my experience if I could just tweak the graphics some.

My system specs:

Intel i7-5820K CPU @ 3.3Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X99 Motherboard
Memory 64 GB DDR4
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 - 40869MB memory
G-Sync - Predator 35"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: What are your Nvidia settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »
I change the power management setting from optimal power, to prefer maximum performance.
I leave everything else at default settings.

system:

FX 8350
Memory 16GB G-skill DDR3
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Windows 10 64Bit

The game plays pretty smooth for me.  You have a better system than mine.  It should be rockin' AHIII

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »
Those screenshots look exactly like how I saw AH3 on my PC. It's just how the game looks, nothing's wrong with your PC. Those youtube videos probably put some editing into their work to make it look better.

Also I'm assuming on your 1070 you meant to say 4869MB? Also #2, all 1070's have 8GBs of VRAM as far as I know.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »
my settings for ah profile.
currently what can be turned off, is off.
performance power
compatibility mode
shader cache on
triple buffer on
v-sync fast

I use all things enabled in game
all sliders maxed
environment slider 0
dx11
still experimenting.

colors will never be vivid,  imo sweet fx is best solution for colors and contrast.

:salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 11:44:08 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out why my graphics don't look as crisp as some of the youtube videos I see from AH3 gameplay.

You can check your ICC profile to make sure it is the proper one for your monitor.

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/

You might also try lowering the ground detail sliders. I think one way you might find a good setting is to drive a vehicle to a point at which you see the problem you mention, and then adjust your settings to eliminate the issue. It may be an issue that you cannot totally eliminate, but in doing this you may minimize it somewhat.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:22:21 AM »
We have noted some NVidia cards do not seem to render color/contrast as well as others.  We have a 970 which looks more washed out than the 980Ti, for example.  Even though both were made by MSI.

In our examples, both were using the same driver version, with default settings in the driver and game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:26 AM »
I have everything set to default in Nvidia settings, except for "Anisotropic Filtering".  I changed this to override application settings, then 16x.  This makes the ground look less blurry in the distance, and runways more visible, etc.

:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »
Nvidia settings attached.

Video to look at (if you have 2160p..that is what I run/record in).  No editing done...just straight from the game.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution