Author Topic: AH3 Boring?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: AH3 Boring?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
lol I guess it is just me

maybe i'll change sides and hunt rud3boi and teach he how to die. lol
 :airplane:
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neener: :neener:
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 04:35:39 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neener: :neener:

:rofl you don't think I can do it? you don't fly like skyrrfox or 2cmex- I think I'd  have a chance.
your not invinceable   :D
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 04:38:09 AM »
Anyone that spends a lot of time on Face Book has far greater issues that need to be dealt with then just being bored with AH
oh and dred, facebook has a player started AH site that has a lot of cool stuff--check it out
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 04:46:37 AM »
sorry guys I'm not really borde, just having a bad ah game or 2 or 3

just tired of getting vulched and picked, I know it's part of the game, 1 guy with magical pilot skills another guys just sits in a hanger letting our bases get attacked and taken without doing anything about it, no alert and no upping to defend, trying to send our cv's to get them sunk. nothing.

but I felt better the next day. :joystick:

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 06:14:28 AM »
 :D

I had two friendlies around me with three other bad guys around... :joystick: ... nobody said a word or check 6.  I ended up getting shot in the back trying to shoot another guy.  I thought "why no check 6?".  Then i remembered "nobody was talking" and calmed down.  bad sa, hung on too long.  good fight. game on.  :joystick:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »

just tired of getting vulched and picked, I know it's part of the game, 1 guy with magical pilot skills another guys just sits in a hanger letting our bases get attacked and taken without doing anything about it, no alert and no upping to defend, trying to send our cv's to get them sunk. nothing.

It's fun to switch sides and bomb the hanger queen.  See if you get any feedback from either side.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »

The kill is the only thing these days for the "fighter" types. The group that "likes to fight" is getting smaller and smaller all the time.

We have :

The win the war types, will take/use any short cut to avoid fights to capture bases as quickly as possible

The bomber, wants to hit targets that dont fight back, bails at the first sign of trouble.

Killers, work at nothing but kill counts. Pick and run, vulch, knows nothing about ACMs or throttle control.

Spawn campers, one shot wonders. Will sit for hours waiting for someone to spawn.

There are very few players left that will just plain fight it out. EX: Last night, myself and 2 squadies had C88 close to A82. Launched fighters and the G3 responded with a half dozen P38s as a defence. 2 vs 1, but we have CV ack, looks like it could be a fun fight for a bit. 38s have the alt and are happy to BnZ even through the edges of the puffy ack. We get a couple, they get a couple but we reup and head back in. As they keep us busy they bring in buffs for the CV. Wam-bam thank you mame and the CV is down. We up and return with some AKs in toe and they all disappeared. G3 had 13 players on and could have made a great fight, but nope, once the CV was down they were out. With the AKs help we did push the fight and capture the base, but all there was were a few wirbles defending. What happened to the fight?

That is where the boredom comes in. The only other "fight" was the bish and knights had one of the rooks fields surrounded and would come in at 15k to do nothing but vulch runs or BnZ bag and drag stuff. They dont want to fight, heaven forbid they might get shot down!

I look at it as the same as my golf game. A bunch of crappy shots and putts, but you get this hole where it all goes near to perfect that makes you come back again. 3 hours of playing last night and the CV fight for 20 minutes was that "nearly perfect" run that will make me come back again tonight hoping to find that little bit of fun again. 

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
In response to G3-MF...

We were training for FSO.  That is why you would have seen that.  If we left THAT particular fight one of two things were happening at that moment...

Either it was time to go to FSO for briefing and coordination, or like we see all to often, we eliminated what we could there before having to go to the other side of the map to defend there.  Don't mind fighting a 2 front war.  As long as the other 2 countries are doing the same.  However, haven't seen that too often.  When I am logged on we attack and take bases on one end only to have the other side take bases away.  When our squad goes there to take back and advance, we find ourselves having to abandon there to go fight the other side of the map.  All the while, witnessing minimal fight between the other 2 countries.

Don't take it as a whine.  That is not my intent.  Just saying, my squad plays every aspect of this game as intended but we do it as a group.  So if suddenly we are no longer there, then we are somewhere else on the map stopping another take.

When we got back from FSO, one of our islands was nearly ransacked.  We stopped the take at that port, sunk the enemy CV, took back the V base while continued fight over the enemy airfield.  When it was done, within an hour, with heavy defense, we took that island back.  And we did it with 6 of my squad and a handful of rowdy vengeful Bish.  Was a fun evening.

I hope you (and the rest of the community) knows that G3-MF doesn't avoid fights.  We embrace them.  And if we have the opportunity to take over your bars and women in the process, we will...

:rock
SlipKnoT
XO
G3-MF
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »
I like the smaller maps, the improved graphics - specially the clouds, and more players online !

What I don't like is the non-wake water (water might have more kills than trees now), and the increased number of pilots wounds.

DX11 still had freezes but after switching to DX9 it works ok for me.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera