Author Topic: Website menu system  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Website menu system
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
this might be an issue with my machine.  I have another with the same browser and everything works so please disregard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:38:33 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Website menu system
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »
this might be an issue with my machine.  I have another with the same browser and everything works so please disregard.
NOPE, aint a gonna happen! What was the initial problem? You got my curiosity up NOW :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:21:17 AM »
NOPE, aint a gonna happen! What was the initial problem? You got my curiosity up NOW :uhoh

Without knowing what the initial problem is, I'd vote for clearing the browser's cache for the first step.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
I Have two machines with the latest chrome browser.

the one can see the third level of menus on the website (exp: scores & stats\statistics\third level like pilot, squad etc), this one cannot.  i've dumped cache...idk, works fine in IE on this machine, works on the other machine in latest version of chrome. pretty sure it's gotta be this machine...
can't get to third level menu system on this one though using chrome..
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »
Got it! Same browser, thats odd. I had an issue with the forums a while back, but that was because Microsoft Edge was the default browser. I know you probably know this and have checked? If not, hope it works  :D Figure  I am correct on you knowing that, other wise you wouldnt have specified Chrome. Might just be the same issue as wanting to fly HUN, hun, in scenario? :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »
Kanth, the next thing I was going to suggest was to reset the Internet settings, but since IE works flawlessly I'd try to fix Chrome first. Try resetting it to defaults, it used to be in the bottom line of advanced settings. It's in the bottom line of the advanced settings. If that doesn't work, resetting Internet settings in the Control Panel is the next step.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:01 AM »
reset chrome, didn't fix it.

reset internet settings didn't fix it

did disable my adblocker  which then showed me an ad on facebook of aged playboy bunnies redoing their poses in their 70's which was completely horrifying.  Reinstalling addblocker made that go away.  i mean at this point i'll take the broken menu system..i don't want to see any more aged or otherwise play boy bunnies.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
Wow! The bunnies give a hint that you might have some extras in your browser!

Run Adwcleaner and/or Malwarebytes just in case. The links to their download sites are in the names. Trust me, it's worth the half an hour to run them!

Kotisivuni

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
i think it was legit, but i'll run those anyway.  :cheers:

ran both, totally clean and still broken. idk something no doubt changed some obscure setting somewhere.  :noid
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:53:02 PM by Kanth »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »
Kanth, does both computers have the same OS?  and if they do, I will go ahead and assume that it is Windows 10....

A windows 10 update on the 1 PC porked your Chrome browser some how is my uneducated guess

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 02:28:51 AM »
TC has a point there. Download and reinstall Chrome over the existing one to see if it helps.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »
yep same exact OS. it's either a windows update or another program on this machine, possibly another chrome browser plugin that porked it.
dunno what though but I do development on this machine as well and have a lot o tools on it that the other machine doesn't have.

it's certainly something.

Kanth, does both computers have the same OS?  and if they do, I will go ahead and assume that it is Windows 10....

A windows 10 update on the 1 PC porked your Chrome browser some how is my uneducated guess