Author Topic: What's the trick for copying custom sounds from AH2 to AH3?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
What's the trick for copying custom sounds from AH2 to AH3?
« on: November 28, 2016, 05:48:57 PM »
Pretty much what the subject line says.  I have custom sounds in folders that worked under AH2.  How do I get them to work in AH3?
==========

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: What's the trick for copying custom sounds from AH2 to AH3?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
They have to be reconfigured using the FMOD studios software. It is no longer a copy paste type operation. Thats why you haven't seen any custom sound packs yet.

If your interested, heres the post where HTC talks about how to go about it.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377219.0.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 05:59:00 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Bummer.  Too bad I'm not a sound engineer. Thanks for the info.
==========

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:30:54 PM »
Bummer.  Too bad I'm not a sound engineer. Thanks for the info.

Challenge is rebuilding his, and I think there was someone looking to port over the AH2 set. Both are going to take some time however.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
I think Chalenge is pretty far along in figuring out FMOD and getting a sound pack together.  I figured out how to change one or two sounds, made the changes, and loaded the new file, but then I simply ran out of time.  This is a busy time of year for me work-wise.  With that said, FMOD is incredibly cool to work with.  It's like going from 4-track mono recording to 32 track surround sound stereo.  Tons of bells and whistles.  There are free training videos on FMOD up on the interweb.  I'd liken its difficulty to learning a new video program, like Corel StudioPro.  Same basic idea, same track layout.  But that's where the familiarity ends.  Once you're working on a track of a sound, it's actually a program you're creating, not a linear sound file. So once I had a track up on the board, I had to totally rethink what I was looking at.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »
"There will be bugs . . ." and there are.

I am still having issues with external sounds working correctly. I get things just right in the editor, but they do not always load correctly online. Even some of the internal sounds work fine offline, or in the training arena, but not online in melee. I sent a PM to hitech about that, but haven't gotten a response, so I think he is probably busy with another patch, or something.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.