Author Topic: CTRL-Right Click no longer sets CBM window field to UN-capturable.  (Read 397 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Is there a different method from the AHWiki terrain editor instructions for setting a field as un-capturable?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: CTRL-Right Click no longer sets CBM window field to UN-capturable.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »
I followed the Wiki instructions again from AH2 to make a field un-capturable. I'm suspecting by accident I've gotten the first field to show the yellow arrow signifying un-capturable. I could not get the same procedure to work on any other fields. Do I need to place the mouse exactly on the location the field object resides on the map and not the icon? Is there a column in the oba file that I can manually set a number to accomplish this task instead?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
1. enable field numbers and links.
2. using "s" raise your focus on the CBM to about a half sector square box.
3. slide that square so it center focuses on the field in question.
4. select that field while in the object tab, do nothing else once selected with the object property tag.
5. mouse center of the red focus box, ctrl+right mouse click. Yellow arrow enables on selected field which is now un-capturable.

Sometimes using the terrain editor is like looking for the hidden trigger to open a hidden door in an old mansion. I hope to heck I'm at least entertaining someone going through this..... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »
Sorry just saw this. I would take a look at the OBA file now to see what changed in the line for that field. Probably much easier to modify the OBA than go through the hassle you went through. I don't really make any fields uncapturable since capturing fields really doesn't apply to most special events.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team