Author Topic: crash and will not restart  (Read 2460 times)

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
Re: crash and will not restart
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
when I reset the graphics settings it remained black.  as I said, pre-update I never had any issues running the game because the NVidia card easily copes 940m

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »
What video card is listed when you go into the games "Video Settings"?

It really looks like the Intel video chip is the primary.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 04:16:46 PM »
the NVidia is the default card......I am reinstalling ah for a seventh time.  do you want me to check the game settings????   I always run aces high with the NVidia card

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
I just want to make sure the game is using the NVidia card.  In the "Video Settings" it shows which video card is being used.

Something wierd with that DXDIAG output.  It shows the 940M as a "Render-Only Device". not a "Full Device".  Not sure what that is about.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
I understand that, however it does not explain how it has run the game without issue until the update

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
I understand that, however it does not explain how it has run the game without issue until the update

When you have 2 video cards, the system can be reset to use the other card without you knowing about it.  Any update can invalidate how NVidia has setup its database of games it is supposed to run.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 05:01:37 PM »
ok.....I just reinstalled yet again......I went on dx9   . it ran perfectly at 55 frames per second.  I ensured that it was the NVidia settings running it.  I then opened the clipboard and went to graphics settings. altered nothing and then closed the clipboard. in that instance the screen went black and a mass of texture errors appeared.  there is something wrong with the update, because prior to this it ran perfectly. the computer I have is perfectly capable of running it until the damned update for nicer wives. 
I`m furious and frustrated and cannot afford to start buying a new laptop .....again !!   I have made many friends on here and I will be sad to leave the game for good but it looks like that is the way it is going.   I`m going to bed now having wasted a second night on this frankly rubbish update. who gives a t*** about bigger waves !  gameplay is everything I can go spend my subscription elsewhere.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »
Usually when your Nvidia card shows as a render only device it means nvidia optimus is running .    Optimus saves power by swapping back and forth between the dedicated gpu (nvidia) and the integrated gpu ( intel )  when the load decreases. 

You can change it temporarily for a program by right clicking the program icon (AH3) and selecting / run with graphic processor / Nvidia , or under the manage 3d settings in the nvidia control panel. 

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 03:36:51 AM »
ok....i turned off hd graphics and ran with the NVidia card alone.  1st load and the game ran perfectly. I clicked the clipboard and went to graphics settings. screen went black again and message "control mode 2" came up followed by numerous texture errors.     

so.... I figure that prior to the update which was appaulling, the game ran without a hitch at 50 frames per sec. then patches appeared to try and resolve the obvious numerous issues it created.

now, this issue appears and there appears to be no fix.

can we not roll back to the earlier version until all these bugs have been removed??

I don't want to cancel my subscription ,but I wont waste money on what I cant use.

why does it run until the clipboard is pressed or the graphic settings altered?   this seems to be a glitch in the software not my device.

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 04:51:21 AM »
After a huge amount of frustration I have found a way of playing on dx9 without causing the screen to crash and go black. I have established that the error is caused by turning off settings iin the clipboard , specifically graphic settings.  as soon as I alter one and hit save, the screen goes black and requires a full reinstall of the game.....its taken 14 reinstalls to establish this.

the fault is there in the settings somewhere but and it wasn`t there prior to the updates.

so, I altered the settings on a black screen and hopefully got them how I want them. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game and as long as I don't touch those graphic settings it will play.

there graphics card is perfectly capable of playing this game as I have tried it on other higher spec games and it works fine the issue is somewhere in the build , a change in the clipboard graphics settings that is causing this.   perhaps you guys could look at that specific area and see what has changed.

running it on dx11 is hopeless as it finds issues in the terrain and just throws up constant messages of errors.  My computer has dx12 so it should have been fine.

at least I have something, but the frustration is very evident in my postings.

regards

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
DOBS has found the issue....when the update went on it set the texture sizes in the basic menu to "blank"  once rest it works again perfectly on both dx9 and dx11.   if this issue is raised by anyone else, then they need to check that setting.  Thanks to Dobs for his thinking and advice.