Author Topic: Text box and Voice  (Read 549 times)

Offline Rolland

• Zinc Member
Text box and Voice
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »
Having watch Vudu's video on communication I am still left with a few questions.
I get the impression if I type in a number on one of the radio channels that only those that have the same number can see what I have typed.  Is that right?

And for V for voice,  if I type in a number there will only those persons that have the same number typed in be able to communicate by voice (speaker and microphone)  with me?
Race you to the Mucky Duck!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Text box and Voice
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »
Right.

Any channel "frequency" you choose in any of the radios, including voice, will only be seen/heard by other players tuned to that specific number.

Range (or more accurately called Room) channel for text is visible to anyone that took off from the same field as you, no matter where on the map they are. Range vox, on the other hand, is broadcast to all friendlies within a certain range from you no matter where they originated from.

For testing voice comms, type your own GameID into the vox channel and you can hear how your voice sounds to others in the game. Basically, you are tuning and broadcasting only to yourself.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:41:57 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 05:46:49 PM »
You are correct in both cases!  V channel is used by squads,they will all tune the same channel,say 123 and their comms will be only heard by those tuned.

As for text you have several options,country,anyone on your country can read the text. You have room which alls you to talk to only those who upped from the same base as you to see. Then you could select all channel,if the arena supports this and well all players can see this,or use 200 which many players use instead of all channel,channel 1.

Then there`s also range vox,default F12 which allows you to talk to anyone on your team that is within icon range or roughly 6k distance.

Hope that helps,any more question just keep asking...

:salute

PS: sorry Dot should have read you answer,was better than mine.... :D

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »
I would like to add that you can use "shift \ " to type on your tuned vox channel. That way you don't actually have to tune one of your radio channels to type on the same channel as your tuned vox.  Also if you are in a squad you can tune V to "squad" that way only people in your squad can hear and talk with each other. If you tune to a numbered channel ie. "123" then anyone that tunes 123 can hear and talk to everyone else tuned to that channel. If the channel is in the 100's it is country specific. if it's in the 200's then it can cross countries.

You can also use dot commands to change radio channels. For example without the brakets [ .radio 5 4 ] typed into the text buffer will tune vox to squad, or [ .radio 5 123 ] would tune vox to 123. All of the channels can be changed this way with the channels being numbered 1-5 from left to right. You will also notice that there is a number associated with each option in the drop down menu. 1 all, 2 country, 3 room, etc. you can use that number to tune to that option. ie. [ .radio 1 2 ] will tune radio 1 ( / ) to country. [ .radio 2 3 ] will tune ( shift / ) to room etc.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54