Author Topic: PT Boat Safe Landing  (Read 502 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
PT Boat Safe Landing
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:53:29 AM »
I know how to safely land a PT boat at a carrier or port but how do I safely land a PT boat spawned from an air or vehicle base? I know beaching it near the base doesn't work.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: PT Boat Safe Landing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
I don't know how to land a PT boat safely at a carrier or port, so would you please share that? It must have been told somewhere without me having noticed it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »
You can not land a PT at the PT spawn. Just like any 'GV' spawn, it has no influence, it's just a spawning point.

I don't know how to land a PT boat safely at a carrier or port, so would you please share that? It must have been told somewhere without me having noticed it.

You can land your PT within the fleet perimeter, just come to a full stop (ctrl-s), then end sortie.
In harbour, just get close to the spawning position, stop and end sortie.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »
Thank you! Thought so, but haven't tried landing a boat in AH3 yet. Maybe next time...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »
You can not land a PT at the PT spawn. Just like any 'GV' spawn, it has no influence, it's just a spawning point.

That's true. But since there are PT spawns from some air bases there should be a way to land them safely. It's not possible to return to the base. The closest you can get is the beach near the base and even if you stop at the beach without actually grounding the boat you get a ditch. If you beach it you get a crash. Although you can land a GV safely anywhere if your at least  5-6K from the enemy that doesn't seem to be the case for a PT boat spawned from an airbase. So does anyone have an answer?

You can land your PT within the fleet perimeter, just come to a full stop (ctrl-s), then end sortie.
In harbour, just get close to the spawning position, stop and end sortie.

I as told you had to be close to the left side of the carrier but that's not true. I just tested it and what Lusche says is correct (no surprise). Actually you just need to be close to one of the outer destroyers to land and not actually within the perimeter of the fleet. It's not necessary to come to a complete stop. <10mph is sufficient. Just as with any vehicle, you get a green "end sortie". I recommend actually getting within the perimeter of the fleet though. Since it's moving, if your just near one of the outside destroyers the green can turn to red quickly as the fleet moves. Just to clarify, by perimeter of the fleet I mean the positions of the ships, not the radar ring. You will get a ditch if within the dar ring but too far from the ships.

As for landing in the harbor, it appears you don't need to worry about any specific position as long as you are within the harbor and below 10mph. I was told you need to pull up to a dock  but just verified that it's not so.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL