Author Topic: can't get past frame rate of 60  (Read 466 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
can't get past frame rate of 60
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
Got a new monitor that has a 75hz refresh rate but AH only goes to 60, just like my 60hz monitor did. 

Nvidia control panel is set to 2560 x 1080 at 75hz.  How do you change the max frame rate in-game?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: can't get past frame rate of 60
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Might check the refresh rate as set in Windows Display settings..............

Your description seems to point to there........must be still set at 60 Hz there.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Now it is working and I didn't change a thing.   :noid
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 03:19:02 AM »
People say that you won't see much difference between 60 and 100 Hz. It might be related to the old saying of doubling the efficiency of hardware to see any real change in performance. Like, 30 FPS being playable and "movie like, 60 being fluent and "life like". Thus 120 would be the logical next step.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 05:53:08 AM »
For future reference.  We do not control the vertical refresh rate of the monitor.  When vertical sync is enabled, it is controlled by the video card, the video card driver, and Windows.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
Got a new monitor that has a 75hz refresh rate but AH only goes to 60, just like my 60hz monitor did. 

Nvidia control panel is set to 2560 x 1080 at 75hz.  How do you change the max frame rate in-game?

My new HP Omen defaults to 60 despite being advertised as 75.  I had to go change a setting on the monitor to get it to run at 75....can't give you more specific detail now as I'm currently far away from my puter.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

At what resolution does your new monitor specs out for 75Hz?

As an example: depending on what resolution I choose on my ASUS 27" I can get differing refresh of 80, 75, 70, 65 and 60 Hz...same goes for my HannsG 28" monitor...

But I could override the refresh for any resolution I selected to pretty much whatever I desire with my AMD GPU and the Crimson drivers....something I would most definitely not do in fear of causing premature failure...

Becareful when using your GPU drivers control panel to override your monitor's recommended resolutions and refresh rate or overriding Windows recommended settings

Hope this is helpful

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC