Author Topic: Rift VR graphics settings in game  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Rift VR graphics settings in game
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Yep, not the part you type in but the part that shows everyone's names.. Also the boxes that allow you to join missions and the R when recording are all way up there and are either un-dragable or do not stay after they are moved.

Need to post that in the bug reports.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 06:28:18 AM »
Ya i kept meaning to but I get distracted. I'll do it now before I forget.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
I would have posted it in bugs as well, but part of the purpose of threads like this, for me at least, is to check and see if it's just ME and my system doing x/y/z - that's happened a couple times for me, or I've just had things set wrong, or been doing whatever incorrectly as well.  Having others confirm that they are seeing the same thing, IMO, is a good step prior to posting in the bug reports area.   

Anyone find a good pixel density setting?  I've been jumping between 1.3 and 1.7, trying to find the best blend of looks and performance.  Also been messing with turning off environmental reflections, shadows, AA, and so on as well.  I find that AA and pixel density settings of 1.5 and higher don't get along as well.  Sure looks a lot better at 1.7 than 1.0, but I find the FPS are down from the 90 to 45 a lot more of the time. 

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 06:51:00 PM »
Got my touch controllers last week. Used the Google Earth hack since it only officially supports the Vive and more wowdom.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »
Can you expand a little more on the Rift touch controllers?  I haven't bought them yet, I have a couple Vives and like the controllers, a lot, they are fantastic.  I know HTC had the Vive controllers working as a HOTAS system, I'd be interested to see if the Rift touch controllers work in a similar manner - it'd be a great option for Rift gamers that don't have HOTAS maybe.

Any other games you've tried them with at all?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »
I also haven't tried them yet and would like to know more.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »
I don't have much that supports the touch controllers yet that I am aware of. Ripcoil was free and I played it a bit. There is a demo that comes with them where you are in some sort of surveillance van that had me hitting my desk trying to reach down. It was very disbelief suspensiousness. It's not just about pressing the index finger triggers, thumb triggers, or the abxy buttons. The touch controllers are touch sensitive. I haven't explored how much of that they are but they are at least on the top surface. I think the functions are very similar to the Vive controllers because in Google Earth they seemed to work the same with one exception, the fly buttons. Took me a while to figure that out. Apparently the Vive controllers have a rocker type round button. On the Touch I had to emulate that by depressing the sticks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
As you can see, my library is limited in the VR aspect, so far.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
I played some Elite Dangerous with the Oculus over the weekend. Haven't played it in a while so had to get everything set up again. One thing that is very satisfying about the Oculus is the stability of the views. No jitter or wander. That would seem to be very important to me for the VR experience.

When I turned 47 I had to start wearing reading glasses. As the years have progressed I now wear glasses all the time. Though I can see okay far away without them, probably as well as most, I can see better far away with them. I tried to wear my glasses with the Oculus but it was too uncomfortable. I found I can see well without them. However, unless I have an object or text in the center of the view in the Oculus in Elite, it is a bit blurry. I don't know if this is a limitation of my eyes, the video settings restricted by my video card, or the resolution of the Oculus screens.

Just a slightly blurry observation.   :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
I bought my Touch controllers from Oculus direct. Amazon was out of stock. Took a little over a week from the time I ordered.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
cool good info, i'm not in a huge rush to get them but I think once Ace High supports them I'll have to check that out.

Offline Beau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 08:45:29 AM »
Has anyone been having the rift headset screen go black after a few minutes of play? This has been happening everytime I start playing and then have to reboot the computer to get it working again. The image on the computer monitor screen keeps working. Just the rift headset goes black. Sound continues to work thru the headphones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »
Yes, Beau, I was having that when my HDMI port was dying.

When I tried to use the same port for a monitor it gave some static/snow and then a good image but the port was dying.
if that is the case for you then there is an adapter you can get it looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-Female-Adapter/dp/B007NLEF3W/ref=sr_1_18?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484233672&sr=1-18&keywords=hdmi+to+dvi

I should mention I originally tried to get the other kind of adapter and it didn't work at all with oculus.

This is what not to use:

https://www.amazon.com/Anbear-Displayport-DisplayPort-Desktops-Displays/dp/B01AXI8M7Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1484233907&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+to+display

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:12:16 AM by Kanth »

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
Is there a way to adjust FOV any wider than the default?  Adjusting the FOV in the video settings (before logging in onto the server) don't seem to have an effect. Otherwise the Rift works great in AH, but I'd enjoy a bit more peripheral vision...

Thanks!

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"