Author Topic: Icon-Reduced Data Display  (Read 476 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Icon-Reduced Data Display
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:02:13 PM »
Currently we can toggle all icons on/off, enemy friendly on/off and such.
How about an option to display 'Aircraft I.D. only'.  Turn off the distance info.
This will reduce data displayed by half and let the pilot focus more on the enemy plane, instead
of data that may not be necessary to some.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Icon-Reduced Data Display
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
(ALT - I) I as in Isometric

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »
(ALT - I) I as in Isometric

That's fine, but it is still showing two lines of text.
Eliminating the range would show only one line of text.  Less red in front of the enemy would allow one to concentrate on the plane more,
instead of a wall of text.
Naturally this could also be an option and included Alt-I selectable icons.
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »
I dont know about you guys, but when I am chasing an airplane specially if he's close, i dont see anything other than the airplane.

me think you guys are looking more like diving in and are having a hard time concentrating on the red guy.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 03:24:40 AM »
This would not be a bad option to have. Yes, some dint need it (as most keep friendly and enemy icons on all the time) but it would be a feasible option if not forced onto others in the MA.

At simplicity sake it could be as basic as adding another line of "if/then" code into the keypress section. However, I have a feeling the icons and ruff distance display are built into the same function and may require separating the two into different references, which isn't quite as simple but not beyond reason.

I'd be willing to support the option but there are still a few bigger fish to fry with AHIII before I see them paying much consideration to another option adjustment. That being said, if it isn't too difficult to add an option in flight preferences or what have you the coder may surprise you with the request sometime.  :bolt:

I hope hitech and the gang come back with a response for you at somepoint.
 :salute
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 07:55:43 AM »
This would not be a bad option to have. Yes, some dint need it (as most keep friendly and enemy icons on all the time) but it would be a feasible option if not forced onto others in the MA.

At simplicity sake it could be as basic as adding another line of "if/then" code into the keypress section. However, I have a feeling the icons and ruff distance display are built into the same function and may require separating the two into different references, which isn't quite as simple but not beyond reason.

I'd be willing to support the option but there are still a few bigger fish to fry with AHIII before I see them paying much consideration to another option adjustment. That being said, if it isn't too difficult to add an option in flight preferences or what have you the coder may surprise you with the request sometime.  :bolt:

I hope hitech and the gang come back with a response for you at somepoint.
 :salute

It would be optional and could be in the cycle of icon settings already available by pressing Control-I.
I see it as a transition for those who are thinking about going 'all icons on' to 'enemy icons off'.  You would still be able to see that there is
an enemy out there and what type of plane they're flying, just not how far away they are.
Once the player feels confident flying with this new setting, they may have an easier time going to 'enemy icons off'

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:49:06 AM »
If they would fix the icon covering the plane issue, this would be less necessary.  I think it's a fine addition, but since the icon is the same size at 6K, and 200 yards, I feel it would be all but impossible to judge if a plane is coming closer or running (common in the MA).
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 08:59:52 AM »
If they would fix the icon covering the plane issue, this would be less necessary.  I think it's a fine addition, but since the icon is the same size at 6K, and 200 yards, I feel it would be all but impossible to judge if a plane is coming closer or running (common in the MA).

I agree, anything that's very far out would be hard to tell if it were coming closer or running.  In this case we would still be able to turn on 'all icons' to be
able to see the planes distance.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »
in "another sim" we had only the vertical bar in scenarios, red or green bar indicating friend or foe up to 6k - with an added + or - for closure or if enemy where flying away.
That would be a good way of reducing knowledge of plane(s) you up against, plus it reduced HO's close to nil.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera