Author Topic: Tell me how I can help  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Tell me how I can help
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »
opened case and thoroughly cleaned/blew out/vacuumed dust, cleaned all cooling fins on video card heat sink, reassembled box.

AMD Catalyst software, set vid card fan to 100% all the time. normal computing temp shows anywhere from 31 to 35 deg C. As soon as the game is opened, the temp immediately jumps into the upper 40's. Game freezes before it gets any higher.

Game is now freezing within 10-20 seconds of opening as of this morning. Let me play for an hour or so yesterday, until it started crashing.

uninstalled and reinstalled game yesterday in hopes that there was a problem related to the install, but it's just as bad/worse now.

no .dmp files in the temp folder.

is my video card dying? It's actually an AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB, been great for this game up til the new version, can't handle the eye candy I guess. pushing 6 years old.....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »
I should mention, the amount/frequency of freezing and crashes seems to be related to the arena as well. I know there's a lot more going on in the "melee" arena, but a couple days ago when I was crashing badly, after on a few seconds logged into the melee arena, I got out and went to the WWI arena, and it flew just fine for the entire time I was there, even pushed my detail levels back up a bit with no protestations from the computer. Went back to melee arena and immediately froze.
Floyd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 11:01:50 AM »
Have you made any adjustments to the default settings for the game?  If so, then what?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
Video Resolution 1920x1080 max texture size 1024, reduced graphic settings to min detail, disabled all the fancy stuff (clutter, reflection, bump mapping, etc)

other than that, nothing changed
Floyd

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:48 PM »
just flew for an extended period in WWI arena, ran as smooth as silk.

logged out of that and into melee, froze before I could even change what base I was at. Something going on with that....
Floyd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
Are you running any anti-xxxx software on your computer?  Any type of security software?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
opened case and thoroughly cleaned/blew out/vacuumed dust, cleaned all cooling fins on video card heat sink, reassembled box.

AMD Catalyst software, set vid card fan to 100% all the time. normal computing temp shows anywhere from 31 to 35 deg C. As soon as the game is opened, the temp immediately jumps into the upper 40's. Game freezes before it gets any higher.

is my video card dying? It's actually an AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB, been great for this game up til the new version, can't handle the eye candy I guess. pushing 6 years old.....

You posted that you blew out and vacuumed out your computer components inside...

Sure hope you used something to keep all the fans from spinning while you were blowing it out, to keep from wearing out your fans ( for PSU, GPU, CPU, and case fans ) among other possible problem causes...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »
Are you running any anti-xxxx software on your computer?  Any type of security software?

AVG antivirus, but it's disabled.

Just flew for almost an hour in WWI arena, no problems.

Immediately freezes in melee arena, before I can even spawn a plane on runway.
Floyd

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 06:04:27 AM »
Changes from server to server are normally associated with anti-xxxx software.  You do realize you are not really disabling AVG.  You are simply disabling it reporting things.  It is still messing with the data.

The only way to really remove the possibility that AVG is messing with things, is to remove AVG and try it.  It may or may not make a difference.

One thing is certain.  There is something specific to your computer causing this issue.  We just need to figure out what it is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
uninstalled AVG and all of its components, as well as half a dozen other applications, games and utilities that I have either never used, or haven't used in years.

also reduced max texture size to 256 from 1024

played for a hour and a half or so last night, glitch free.

thought it was fixed, then the freezes started again. logged out, shut down, let computer cool for a while, then rebooted.

AMD software showed GPU temp at 35 deg C, so still cool. Game froze immediately after restarting and logging into arena.

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."
Floyd

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 09:41:05 AM »
Whatever the problem is seems to be map specific. I completely removed all anti-virus, firewall, etc. Played fine.

Reinstalled AVG Zen, and disabled it, played for hours yesterday with no freezes what-so-ever on 2 different maps.

Logged back in today, new map, game immediately freezes within seconds.

Flew DA for multiple fights and then flew around checking out scenery in WWI for a while, runs fine.

Log back into open melee and managed to make it about 3-4 minutes then freeze.

Whatever this is appears to be arena specific, and map specific. And I'm still getting that same texture creation error that was mentioned in the bug reports.
Floyd

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
Whatever the problem is seems to be map specific. I completely removed all anti-virus, firewall, etc. Played fine.

Reinstalled AVG Zen, and disabled it, played for hours yesterday with no freezes what-so-ever on 2 different maps.

Logged back in today, new map, game immediately freezes within seconds.

Flew DA for multiple fights and then flew around checking out scenery in WWI for a while, runs fine.

Log back into open melee and managed to make it about 3-4 minutes then freeze.

Whatever this is appears to be arena specific, and map specific. And I'm still getting that same texture creation error that was mentioned in the bug reports.

My computer is fairly weak and on certain maps I get microstutters like on ndiles and some maps are perfect like buzzsaw I have no stutters on it...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde