Author Topic: Browsers  (Read 786 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Browsers
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
What have people moved on to from palemoon, Since it split from/stopped getting fund from firefox it really seems to have gone down hill....I can't get the tabs to work on the Aceshigh web page and embedded video times out...I resort to firefox for that but was just wondering what others are out there and recommended

Cheers

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Browsers
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
I have not been able to find anything I like.  They all have some downsides.

There have been a couple of bad updates for Pale Moon, but it seems to have stabilized again.  At least for me, it has.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:39:50 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 02:41:10 PM »
I'm still using Pale Moon, without any problems.
I keep it updated is all.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »
ok cool...I just looked at some of the settings and found why video didn't work but on the aces high web page...when I hver over a tab the first in line shows but everything else seems to be behind the pictures/text boxes...for example...I hover over downloads and I see AHIII and can select it but that is it and further down between the two text boxes I can see the word edit but when I move the mouse down toward it and get over the text box the tab closes....

Any idea on what may cause this in the settings of palemoon?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
You need to use a darker beer.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »
Google Chrome is the defacto king, (if you don't want the google stuff Chromium is the exact same thing without the google).

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Google Chrome is the best (least problematic) browser at the moment. Chromium does the "oh, snap!" crash too often.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:51 AM »
I'm still a relatively happy PaleMoon user, no big issues apart from that the last upgrade hasn't been translated yet.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:36:03 AM »
I'm still a relatively happy PaleMoon user, no big issues apart from that the last upgrade hasn't been translated yet.

The problem I ran into specifically involved PaleMoon and Facebook. When you click on an image to have it expand, the Facebook routine causes an endless loop of expand/contract. Chrome does not have that issue. The same issue cropped up in our project submission pages at SCAD, when you click on critique routines (I know that doesn't make sense because you are not in the classes) the windows repeatedly open/close for five minutes until they reach some mystery point and then remain open. . . forever. Works fine in Chrome, Edge, and Mozilla.

I prefer PaleMoon for Google oddly enough.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 03:56:14 AM »
What are the advantages of Pale Moon over the regular fork of Firefox?
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 05:34:01 AM »
What are the advantages of Pale Moon over the regular fork of Firefox?

For me, it just seems a little more steam lined.
Try the others, Chrome/Firefox/ or even Edge (blahh) and see what you think about it.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 05:38:22 AM »
The problem I ran into specifically involved PaleMoon and Facebook. When you click on an image to have it expand, the Facebook routine causes an endless loop of expand/contract. ---

Ahh... I'm a Luddite concerning Facebook.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 06:45:29 AM »
I do not have any issue with Facebook.  I would never use Chrome.  It is nothing but more spyware from Google.  Getting really fed up with all the spyware crap from all these companies (Google, Microsoft, Apple, Intuit,...).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com