Author Topic: ack aquisition and rotation speed is to quick.  (Read 378 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
ack aquisition and rotation speed is to quick.
« on: May 21, 2000, 06:53:00 AM »
we know this for a fact simply by comparing the players average aquisition and turret rotation times.

we know that if an m16 is firing at one plane you can easily swoop in and kill it if it keeps firing at the other plane.

even if he sees you he still has to turn hit guns to face you.

if acks had these two aquisition and tracking problems the life of the jabo pilot would be a lot more fun.

turn up the volume on these two areas for ack if possible?  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

funked

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2000, 06:59:00 AM »
There also seems to be no dispersion on the ack fire.

I was flying WB last week and I noticed how much more "human" the ack looks over there. There are 4 distinct calibers of fire, and they seem to have different dispersion levels and acquisition/tracking.

The 40mm ack with small puffs is particularly cool.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Didn't Pyro say that when they changed the airfields in the last version and added the different type of AAA gun shapes, plus alot more guns at each field, that in the next version or two we were getting different calibers of ack.

Two weeks.  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

funked

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
He probably said it but I was too busy whining to hear him.  

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2000, 10:22:00 AM »
If you cruise around an airfield in a tank you can see the different models for the AA guns.

Cit if the acks had those 2 aquisition problems it would make the life of us JABOs dull and boring.  It would become a matter of simply getting someone to fly through the ack envelope ahead of us to get all the guns pointed the other way.

I like the acks the way they are now, specially over the original acks.  They're enough to stop most vulching, but a JABO can still take out 3-7 guns (depending on ord loadout of bird) without taking any damaged in return

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »
I kinda think there's a nice parity between the AA gunners and the human m16's.  I was flying around a32 last night and there were about 5 acks up and about 8 m16's around the airport.  I noticed that I used the same tactic (which will remain secret   ) against both kinds and it worked.

I like them the way they are now, alot better than before 1.02.  I would like to see different calibers though   I loved wb's 40mm ack ack puffs.  To see them puffing in front of your flight path, knowing that thing was tracking you. It raised up the pucker factor quite a bit for me  

Udie

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »
Ve haff vays off making you TALK!

Now; ooodie, answer zee question; or vee must gag you!

How do you kill zee ackack?

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2000, 04:01:00 PM »
I want the old ack strength back  

------------------
Fatty
Fat Drunk Bastards
"A country without beer has already lost the war.  We must, gentlemen, take field 37 at all costs."

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2000, 05:36:00 PM »
I've been very successful attacking acks by doing a very slow barrel roll as I approach them.  When you get close you can just give them a short burst of cannon and it's lights out ack.    I noticed that if you pull even slightly over 1g, the acks have a very hard time tracking you unless you fly right over them.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS