Author Topic: Spawn...  (Read 604 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Spawn...
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
...a pilot on the ground, to defend the map room. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but we can already sort of do this now, by spawning a Storch, getting a couple hundred feet in the air and bailing. My thought is, so long as the barracks is still up, you can spawn a pilot on the ground, with his 1911 and 9 rounds, and run to the map room to fight incoming troops. Very little coding involved, I should think. Of course, eventually, it would be really cool if you could chose a load out (sniper rifle, bazooka, tommy gun, etc.), along with your Colt. On the other hand, you'd then probably want the enemy troops to be able to fire back. But, for the time being, it provides a little mini FPS action, when there's no remaining way to defend your base. Of course, it makes for one more thing an attacker needs to destroy to insure the base is ready to take. On the other hand, your GVs that have troops also have an MG or better, to mow down those pesky defending troops. Lots of new ground clutter to hide in, now.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Spawn...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »
-1    :bhead
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:46 PM »
Do you make him run 2 miles to the town or he spawns in the town?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
Hey, Bustr. Yeah, not an issue with GV fields or ports, but definitely a problem for airbases. Could make the spawn point for airbases be in the town, I suppose, but that would require terrain updates, I should think. Was attempting to minimize impacts to code with my suggestion. HiTech said a long time ago that he wanted to add a FPS element. It's been on the back burner for a long time, and I thought this might be a quick and easy way to test the impact on game play. :salute
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."