Author Topic: Speed and Climb Rate chart question  (Read 927 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Speed and Climb Rate chart question
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
Where are these charts stored?   I'd like to convert them all so they have the same scale - that way when you look at one plane's data and then switch to another, the scale doesn't change and its easier to compare values between planes.

Wouldn't mind playing around with it to see if I could show both speed and climb rate on a single chart - maybe bottom axis for speed, and top axis for climb rate, something like that.

Is the actual raw data available somewhere?  Or would I need to pick values off the charts manually?

Thanks!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Speed and Climb Rate chart question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:01:54 PM »
Thanks, Kanth!  That's helpful, I may still have to get the info manually but its much more convenient having it available outside of the game...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
Note the weights on the charts in the hangers. The aircraft performance charts are not generated with comparable fuel states and the charts on the web page don't show the tested weights that the charts in the hanger show.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
This is my favorite site. Unfortunately it doesn't have all the planes nor has it been updated in some time.

http://gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:24:29 AM »
The HiTech Creation's web page charts appear to be the same charts as those available in game - at least for the P-51D, the curves were a perfect match.  It seems likely that HTC would have used the same charts in both places, though the tested aircraft weights are not listed on the web page charts.  The few weights I spot checked match hangar weights for 100% internal fuel for different aircraft.

DokGonzo's stuff is terrific, including far more than climb rates and max speeds, however I can't find any weights listed - did they test with a fuel tank or a typical combat load of 50%?  Was fuel burn rate set to 0?   Can't say for sure for this page, and the rest of the site "Netaces.org" seems to be gone.  I'm glad this page is still up though, it is very nicely done.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
i think on Doks site it may say at the bottom or the page what the setup was.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
Hey Fugitive,

All I could find was this statement:

"Planes were tested in their "typical" Main Arena load-outs (i.e. La-7's had 3 cannon, P47's had 8 machine guns, etc.)"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »
... The few weights I spot checked match hangar weights for 100% internal fuel for different aircraft. ...

Don't assume that's consistent. For example the P-51D chart is at less than 75% fuel and the Spitfire XVI chart weight includes the slipper tank.

If you want to compare every aircraft at 100% fuel you'll have to do some flight testing. 

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »
Don't assume that's consistent. For example the P-51D chart is at less than 75% fuel and the Spitfire XVI chart weight includes the slipper tank.

If you want to compare every aircraft at 100% fuel you'll have to do some flight testing.
100% for everyone is also not always very helpful. 100% in P47N is the fuel load of 5.5 fully fueled 109s...

Mosquito and 410 with 100% fuel have an insane flight duration, on the same scale as bombers. No one flies them with these loads in the MA.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 03:34:27 AM »
100% for everyone is also not always very helpful. 100% in P47N is the fuel load of 5.5 fully fueled 109s...

Perhaps he should be looking at the weights shown on the performance charts.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 09:17:05 PM »
oboe, shoot me a pm with your email address

I have a pdf file for almost all of the AH speed charts and a pdf file for almost all of the AH climbrate charts, they just don't include any of the newer aircraft, I'm thinking any aircraft released since either 2014 or might be earlier... these are the same charts that are listed in what Kanth linked to above and are the pdf files that used in the game, minus the newer released aircraft...

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »
Thanks, TC!

Send it to terry.laven@gmail.com