Author Topic: updates  (Read 381 times)

Offline Phantomz

• Copper Member
updates
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
Everytime the game updates the shortcut is no longer recognized or works so cannot get into the game. Anybody else have the issue or know how to correct it?
The Flying Circus

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Re: updates
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
I am getting an "initialization failed" error with both the DX9 and DX11 version.  Update has not even been installed yet.  It was working fine a day ago.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
Everytime the game updates the shortcut is no longer recognized or works so cannot get into the game. Anybody else have the issue or know how to correct it?

Go to the directory where you have the game installed.
Default is C:/Hitech Creations.
Open that folder and see if you can start the game using either the aceshigh11.exe or aceshigh09.exe.
If the game starts, you can then right-click on either of those files and select 'Send To Desktop (create shortcut)
Once the shortcut is on your desktop, you can right-click on the icon and select 'Pin To Start', if you want an icon in your Start-Menu.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:07:55 AM »

The only time I have seen anything like this is when the game is installed as a different user from the one trying to to the patch.  The only way to correct this is to install the game as the same user who is running it.

It could also happen if you are running some type of anti-xxxx software and files are getting marked as read-only.

It could also happen if you are running the game off an SSD as there is some firmware issues with some of the SSD's causing problems with fast file updates.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
Please note too, all updates so far default to dx9.  If you want dx11 version you have to say no to the question on starting the game now.

Offline Phantomz

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »
Its my fathers computer and account nobody else is on it so it might be the software deal that skuzzy suggested because he has anti malware stuff that runs only thing i can think of it being. All i end up doing after an update is reinstalling the whole game and it works again.
The Flying Circus