Author Topic: Hblair with respect  (Read 719 times)

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
Hblair with respect
« on: May 02, 2000, 11:18:00 PM »
 Let me dispense with the formalities and try to share with you the pain of losing closely loved ones. I 've had the misfortune of burying two of my children aged 6 mths and 18 months restpectively.
 Tho it was very painfull at first year or so of mourning,Ive come to realize that death is an affirmation of life! Pure and simple once you cut the deserved emotional response from the equation.
 I have since had the astounding furtune of 2 sons come into my life, and my appreciation for the brevity of life but the intensity of emotion it offers can sometimes leave me breathless.
 Godspeed to your passed.Tho remember that energy is niether lost nor gained-It merely changes states,and certainly that applies to the energy of the soul of live!

Be at peace my friend,
 By-Tor

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hblair with respect
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2000, 11:57:00 PM »
Wow, What can I say? Couldn't even imagine losing one of my kids. You've truly been through hell and back.

Thanks for the thoughts, it was an expected sort of thing. Although I hate to see a close relative go like that, she had a long full life, and who could complain about that? She sure didn't. So I'm not going to either.  

On a side note: Looking forward to some good competition in this upcoming ladder, just don't challenge me hehe  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hblair with respect
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2000, 07:31:00 AM »
What  can I say to  both of you?  It saddens me deeply to think of losing anyone close  to me, let alone my children.  My two biggest fears in life are: A) to lose a child, and B) to not live long enough to guide them down  the right paths as  they grow older.  

B). is a possibility due to a terminal disease that I have (no, not aids, hope I live alittle longer than that) but as By-tor said, "my appreciation for the brevity of life but the intensity of emotion it offers can sometimes leave me breathless".  Well said my friend, many don't appreciate what life has to offer.  I've learned  to stop and smell the roses.  Life is a beatiful thing.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I./JG2~Richthofen~
=CO=Panzer Group Afrika-15th Panzer division
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps

JG2 "Richthofen"

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-03-2000).]

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Hblair with respect
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »
I realize these threads are way off topic, so I do apologize for continuing them, but they do evoke strong emotions in me that need to be expressed.

It continues to amaze me how this medium we call the Internet, so quickly creates both deep bondings and conversely animosities, with intensities often not seen in real life.  The operative word is the "speed" with which these emotions happen in this electronic environment.  We hardly know the people we meet here and most certainly have never encountered them face to face, yet we feel real pain in their moments of grief and life circumstances, as well as often express deep anger through "flaming" that we would never think of doing in real life.

Anyway, having read some of the intimate life experiences conveyed by those in this thread and others, I have to say I have a tremendous admiration and respect for all of you.  I have been very fortunate in my life.  There's an old expression that says:

"I used to whine about having no shoes, until I met a man with no feet"

I salute all of you for your courage and still positive views of life.

Regards,
Badger

ps.  By-Tor..
are you the same bytor from WB?

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 05-03-2000).]