Author Topic: Orphaned skins  (Read 712 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Orphaned skins
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
I haven't played the game in over a year and I haven't had an active subscription for the last 9 months or so. As such I can't submit any skins to the game so I have just stopped working on them all together.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will send you all of the skinning files I have for both submitted and yet to be submitted (you will need GIMP or some other .xcf capable image editor for working with the layered image).

You also get all of the reference images that should (for the most part) be organized into folders for what skins are what and for skins I was planning on making.

Written research may or may not be included, I don't think it was something I tracked properly, mostly with browser bookmarks that I don't have anymore.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Orphaned skins
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
That's very kind of you to do.  :cheers:
What planes did you do? I may be interested.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:13:47 PM »
To avoid a super long post I made a chart. Red is completed and uploaded, blue is planned but not started/finished, and black is personal projects that were either a joke or for personal use.

There is also a gaggle of color profiles below this, mostly for the Fi-156. The He-111 skins need a bit of history research done, only color profiles/pics are given (He-111_1 is an anomaly, the correct skin is shown on the skins page but not the game).

The B-17 was a planned re-skin of an existing plane that I never actually did anything with.

Edit: There are several folders missing for the P-51B but I can't find them anywhere. They most likely don't exist but all were of submitted skins.

Edit edit: There also seem to be a few P-47D-25 skins missing but they have the same story.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:18:32 PM by Dragon Tamer »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
I haven't played the game in over a year and I haven't had an active subscription for the last 9 months or so. As such I can't submit any skins to the game so I have just stopped working on them all together.

Slightly off-topic, but do you know that you can play the new Beta free. Your old login would probably still work. You can download the whole thing from Skuzzy's thread in the Beta Forum.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:51:42 PM »
Tell you what, I'll take everything you've got except the Rv-8, B-17, B-26, or B-29.

thanks.  :salute

P.S. Contact Skuzzy about fixing that He-111 problem. I won't be able to do anything about that.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 12:44:07 AM »
Tell you what, I'll take everything you've got except the Rv-8, B-17, B-26, or B-29.

thanks.  :salute

P.S. Contact Skuzzy about fixing that He-111 problem. I won't be able to do anything about that.

The skins download link is in your PM.  :aok

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:04:25 PM »
Thanks.
  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com