Author Topic: 86 the magic circle  (Read 431 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
86 the magic circle
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »
Either add the appropriate sight for man guns, light them as a enemy icon, or eliminate them altogether.

Chuikov

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: 86 the magic circle
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:54 PM »
Sounds like the vulch didn't go so well.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
Since I doubt Hitech would give you a fire control team with an analog director, and I suspect he will never show the 88 with an icon for you to try and avoid that gun, or remove the 88 from the game.

Wish that he puts in a visual representative reticle for elevation out to 12k for HE and 2.5k for AP. 1K for AP is just about the bottom of the 18Mil white ring. I found you can move the HUD under the ring to give you rough elevation guides for 7-9k.

When I finally found the manual for the gunsight in the osti\wrible it turned out it was controlled for lead\elevation by a spotter inputting to an analog director. So the osti\wirble reticles I created for the game are the white line cross you see projected as I found in the manual, while I added elevation marks to take the place of a crew member. 

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
A proper G2G sight for the 88 would be nice...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
What is the magic circle?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:45 PM »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
What is the magic circle?

That white 18Mil circle you see for the 88.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 04:55:26 PM »
I was flying a wounded TU2 and forced a 47m and typhoon into their ack. While circling out of auto ack range I get capped off by a 37mm.

Chuikov

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
I was flying a wounded TU2 and forced a 47m and typhoon into their ack. While circling out of auto ack range I get capped off by a 37mm.

That gunsight is easy for elevation and I have an offline gunnery practice terrain that lets you train with it from 600-4000yds with the lead computing cross enabled. Bombers are easy to hit with the 37mm 3.5k and closer.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
I'd settle for getting kill credit for the bastige manning the gun when I kill it!

"I can kill but not be killed" said no fair game play maker ever!

"I can see you out to forever with perfect ranging, but you can't see me!"

"If I turn my engine off, I go invisible!  Yet I can still see you way out there!!"  21' vehicle that goes "Romulan" at 1800'...really?

I'd settle for friendly icons only in GVs, then Bustrs stadiometric ranging sights would be useful vs just "provide realism".

But hey...we all know that won't happen, so consider the topic dropped by me.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
On the ground or in a vehicle I very rarely see an enemy GV's range tag unless they are behind some trees moving. But, then I'm usually in some amount of zoom trying to see them, at which point the tag seems to not be active. And even with the range neon sign glowing, it is a suggestion of how far, not a specific you can use a micron dial to fix. Just as often I have to determine GV range by it's size relationship to whatever I'm using as a reticle at the time past 1000. AH2 it was to about 1500.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
If in a GV, specifically a T34/76, if a plane is dumb enough to fly down your barrel horizontaly, light him up with your pintle gun, once the range closes within 600yds fire your main gun. If at that time your are scoring hits with them 7mm your main gun will hit.

Chuikov