Author Topic: maybe the three country system needs an adjustment  (Read 6961 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: maybe the three country system needs an adjustment
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
The solution is real simple. Re-designate the country names to Uno, Zwei and Kolme,

Uno country is filled with all Aces High subscribers.
Zwei country is filled with AI defenders.
Kolme country is stocked full of sheep.

New country names. Side balancing is equalized. And, harmony to the universe is achieved again.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
We just need fewer gripers. I guess when you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.

No need for this, I think many have gotten so close to this online game they cant see the forest for the trees anymore, step back and objectively take a look, you might not like what you see
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 12:58:29 PM »
I would love the ability to switch to the low numbered country as I am ONLY here for the AERIAL fight. However, I lead a group that likes the teamwork aspect of the game and the 6 hour side switch limit makes switching to low numbers as a group  difficult to manage without stranding folks.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
Proposal: Get rid of ENY...when there are more players on one side then make the planes that do not require perk points be perked. The whole BS about moving to another country (Bish, Rook, Knit) is stupid. People who play this game are loyal to their countries for the most part and it is totally ridiculous to ask us to move to another country to not have as high of ENY. OR, move to add one more country to 4 that would help balance things more. HTC every Bishop like me, feels the ENY model is not working and you know it! When you start to see many more people leave the game, you'll know one reason why, we cannot even fly the best planes in the game, thats why!

Rediculous is being loyal to one chess piece when you seem to be having no fun in a game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MrRee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
We just need fewer gripers. I guess when you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.

Sig worthy  :salute
When you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
You do realize chart shown is at between 1:00 and 3:00 am

do you expect 130 people to play 24 hrs a day?

people have to work people have to sleep.

this where people are supposed to switch sides to even things out. but they won't do it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:23:25 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
POTW moved to rook to get away from ENY. Rook all sound and act like knights now to my squad while I never realized just how much the knights play just like we accused the rooks and bish of playing the game when we were knights.

What may really kill this game is selfish inflexible players who create lame excuses for why they are limited to very narrow choices while scapegoating Hitech as their victimizer to justify away their lameness.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
add ai players to the lowest number country,

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 02:40:43 PM »
do you expect 130 people to play 24 hrs a day?

Actually: Yes.

Back when I started playing AH, numbers hardly dipped below 100, this used to be around (Euro) noon (=US late night).

:)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
POTW moved to rook to get away from ENY. Rook all sound and act like knights now to my squad while I never realized just how much the knights play just like we accused the rooks and bish of playing the game when we were knights.

What may really kill this game is selfish inflexible players who create lame excuses for why they are limited to very narrow choices while scapegoating Hitech as their victimizer to justify away their lameness.

If everybody would play against their own country for one week, they would find that their wonderful allies (and themselves, if they would only see it) do most or all of the things they complain the other teams do.  HOing, ganging, running, steamrolling, vulching, et al. 

They would also find that their "enemies" are just like their friends.  Rivalries are good for the game but country loyalist fanaticism isn't. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »

and if you switch to bish you will hear the same talk--my old squad the original 173rd ga's used to tour all 3 countries, we toured 2 months per country, the talk the complaint's all the problems In all 3 countries are all the same
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »

This.  :salute :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
and if you switch to bish you will hear the same talk--my old squad the original 173rd ga's used to tour all 3 countries, we toured 2 months per country, the talk the complaint's all the problems In all 3 countries are all the same

The squeaks. The perceptions. The presumptions. The intermittent explosive disorder.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:58:18 AM by Skuzzy »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:58:49 AM by Skuzzy »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few