Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11254 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
Call HTC and ask them why they insist on keeping this map. Typing here is like changing your profile picture on FB in support of some random cause. :old:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
Really, I just want to reduce buzzsaw's occurrence in the rotation so this post will die. I think Greebo is busy with those unbelievably incredible skins he does while CraterMA had to be touched up by it's creator because only he knows that project. And Easyscor, and ghostdancer, I thought build exclusively for the AvA and special arena.

I still think buzzsaw is a Waffle joke like when he placed a copy of his finger print on the back right gunsight reflector plate in the Me410 during the closed alpha.

I keep telling you guys the time you waste in here flappin yur gums you could all build your own terrain. The process is that simple. Much of the headache is prototyping it as scaled to a 1:1 before you start building and working out your general placement problems there. Then it becomes a 3D art program erector set of pointing and clicking following your 1:1 blueprint. If you can use MS Paint, you can build terrains, granted it helps to have a tiny bit of artistic talent, not much. Just the ability to put your cloths on in the morning without mixing dots with stripes and thinking the cloths hamper is where your clean underwear is stored.

Like this prototype, think battleships and sneaking around. The majority of those rounded island ends can fit three airfields 19 miles apart since the 25x25 mile sector grids are 1:1 for the terrain editor 4096x4096 project space. I didn't catch on to this concept with my first terrain until it was finished. So it took months raising and cutting it out of the 4096x4096 ocean by hand limited to seeing one sector at a time. I'm not sure what is up with my 90 day license from L3DT, so I may have to create the arena with a grayscale heightmap file. That 31,416mile circumference 25,000ft gray wall will just popup like magic along with the islands during the import of the file. The actual sculpting then painting of the terrain, alot of it is like using your finger to push clay around or finger paint. You only have a single brush that scales from about 1\8 mile to 6 miles dia.

Easyscor and Greebo have written an excellent manual in PDF format that you can get from the terrain editor forum. And it is as easy as it reads, you just have to do it over a very large project area over and over and over like I will with the arena blueprint(hmm, brownprint) below. :O

***Note: you strat runners who waste your time screaming at Hitech. The only rule about strat placement is for minimum placement. Eighth miles from an airfield and three miles from a vBase. You can place your strats where you can easily run to them and single finger salute the community to oblivion all night long. You do not have to place vehicle spawns to them, or 163 bases near them, or make it easy for c47 to fly to them time wise. You just have to accept making changes if Hitech decides you need to moderate making them too easy for screwing the arena all night long as the cost of acceptance for MA rotation. Other than that, you can make an arena for the MA as a strat runners paradise. Just like I made mine to keep you guys from turning the lights out all night long for the other 99% of paying customers.

(Image removed from quote.)
If you notice my hours played the last 2 months....majority of them were either volunteer hours spent as a side CO or hours spent running KOTH, Because I said I would...I don't get much time for Aces High other then that and I'm sure that's why not more people try to build maps especially when you were saying how many hours you put into your first map...

Oh and btw my comment was in no way saying you guys are constantly doing MA terrains but it is similar to the skinner team of old where you guys are the SME  on terrains.

Stop getting so defensive. Buzzsaw is a bad map, people are allowed to have issues with it without you holding the "build your own if you don't like it" over them.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:08 PM »
If you notice my hours played the last 2 months....majority of them were either volunteer hours spent as a side CO or hours spent running KOTH, Because I said I would...I don't get much time for Aces High other then that and I'm sure that's why not more people try to build maps especially when you were saying how many hours you put into your first map...

Oh and btw my comment was in no way saying you guys are constantly doing MA terrains but it is similar to the skinner team of old where you guys are the SME  on terrains.

Stop getting so defensive. Buzzsaw is a bad map, people are allowed to have issues with it without you holding the "build your own if you don't like it" over them.

Hmmmm....

If they are allowed to have their opinion then Bustr should be allowed to have his. If people feel one way or another about it, they can always do something to fix that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
Hmmmm....

If they are allowed to have their opinion then Bustr should be allowed to have his. If people feel one way or another about it, they can always do something to fix that.
Bustr says they can't have an opinion because they don't make maps....so he shouldn't have an opinion on anything else in the game by his logic he has shown toward people about what they think makes a good map....it's not an opinion, it's a demand.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »
at least it isn't because it doesn't go along with his opinion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2017, 07:32:39 AM »
Bustr says they can't have an opinion because they don't make maps....so he shouldn't have an opinion on anything else in the game by his logic he has shown toward people about what they think makes a good map....it's not an opinion, it's a demand.

That is his opinion. You stated yours.

Let me ask you a question.... if your car was not running right, would you take it to someone who doesn't know anything about cars to have it fixed?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
Please please take BUZZSAW out of rotation, or modify it .
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
Spiral map just isn't working.

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
Agreed

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:25 AM »
I also agree and so does my wife  :old:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2017, 01:59:31 AM »
I also agree and so does my wife  :old:

What wifey wants wifey gets.   Them's the rules.   :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2017, 03:47:23 AM »
what is worse.  A large map we play for a week + or a annoying map that is not fun to play for more than a few hours.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:21 AM »
We need bigger mapz!  :)
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2017, 07:06:33 AM »
Get rid of the spawns to the strats.  Lower the bases and this map could be a winner.  Right now it sucks.  My hat still is off though to the designer for such a bold shift in maps.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2017, 09:26:30 AM »
I agree that Buzzsaw must go away.

-Mutha